• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash lights and headlights

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you checking for voltage on 16a with the top lever all the way to the right?
Yes maybe I was doing something wrong last night Ill check things again in the daylight this afternoon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Action

You probably stepped on the wires on the floor and pulled them out of the dimmer switch? I have seen the cover plate missing before...

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably stepped on the wires on the floor and pulled them out of the dimmer switch? I have seen the cover plate missing before...
He has already looked for power at the dimmer switch, has no power coming out of the switch at 16A, that goes to the dimmer switch.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He has already looked for power at the dimmer switch, has no power coming out of the switch at 16A, that goes to the dimmer switch.
Checking the pin #s on my two switches they are different and the letters showing the on the wiring harness are different as well. Are there different three lever switches or does someone have a pin diagram of the harness?

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checking the pin #s on my two switches they are different and the letters showing the on the wiring harness are different as well. Are there different three lever switches or does someone have a pin diagram of the harness?

Well well no wonder the sleeve on the wiring harness when switched spun when I disconnected it. So the pins where in the wrong place which is why I got no power at 16 or 15. I figured out I clocked it correctly and voila my lights work again. Simple. I appreciate the help.

Action

Well well no wonder the sleeve on the wiring harness when switched spun when I disconnected it. So the pins where in the wrong place which is why I got no power at 16 or 15. I figured out I clocked it correctly and voila my lights work again. Simple. I appreciate the help.

Isn't that plug keyed to only fit on in one position?
Didn't you swap the light switch because the lights didn't work? Meaning it hadn't been unplugged yet...

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't that plug keyed to only fit on in one position?
Didn't you swap the light switch because the lights didn't work? Meaning it hadn't been unplugged yet...
The plug is keyed to only fit in one position. But the ring was just loose enough that it spun and didn't line up anymore. Maybe over time it got loose. I may had disconnected the switch and it spun on me. I was going to swap switches out for a new pretty one I had. I inadvertently caused the issue. But now I know, check things even if they are supposed to only be set in one position.... sometimes they aren't.

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
The plug is keyed to only fit in one position. But the ring was just loose enough that it spun and didn't line up anymore. Maybe over time it got loose. I may had disconnected the switch and it spun on me. I was going to swap switches out for a new pretty one I had. I inadvertently caused the issue. But know I know, check things even if they are supposed to only be set in one position.... sometimes they aren't.

Light switch by Alex B, CAMO

GetSum

Folks is this “sleeve slip” where the detent in the sleeve could rotate very common? I’ve been troubleshooting the same harness es for a few months (chasing turn signal issue)
and I think I”m OK but it would throw a variable in there I’ve never considered…

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks