• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash pad Removal

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even the link you listed states the same thing I did. LMC truck dashes for at LEAST $400 SHIPPED (large box - oversized shpping charge WILL shock you), the $650 CORRECT OEM picked up from your GM dealer is NOT that bad a deal.

Expensive. YEP. Will an OEM last ANOTHER 25 years if properly cared for? YEP. I can't say the same for any OTHER dash pads out there.

In this instance, you DO get what you pay for. Also note that in the link about a 'rubbery' dash cover they had to get 'creative' with the dash clips to get them to work. This will NOT happen with an OEM dash.

Not cheap, but this is YOUR DESK. You will sit behind it every day. WHY would you want a pair of saw horses and some plywood when for a little more you can actually get a nice oak desk (the correct dash) that will give you YEARS of pleasure as you drive your rig around.

Go look at mine - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/39009-making-progress-summer-projects.html. It's factory. I spent about another $100 painting it the correct color WITH the correct auto vinyl paint. But all the comments I've gotten at shows and the fact that it DOES fit properly and look great? That's gravy.

Last edited:

1986Blazerk5

Even the link you listed states the same thing I did. LMC truck dashes for at LEAST $400 SHIPPED (large box - oversized shpping charge WILL shock you), the $650 CORRECT OEM picked up from your GM dealer is NOT that bad a deal.

Expensive. YEP. Will an OEM last ANOTHER 25 years if properly cared for? YEP. I can't say the same for any OTHER dash pads out there.

In this instance, you DO get what you pay for. Also note that in the link about a 'rubbery' dash cover they had to get 'creative' with the dash clips to get them to work. This will NOT happen with an OEM dash.

Not cheap, but this is YOUR DESK. You will sit behind it every day. WHY would you want a pair of saw horses and some plywood when for a little more you can actually get a nice oak desk (the correct dash) that will give you YEARS of pleasure as you drive your rig around.

Go look at mine - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/39009-making-progress-summer-projects.html. It's factory. I spent about another $100 painting it the correct color WITH the correct auto vinyl paint. But all the comments I've gotten at shows and the fact that it DOES fit properly and look great? That's gravy.
Look at the thread again i didnt buy a dash pad its just a cover click on the link for LMC and look at the middle product that what i ordered it was 44.95

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, it wasn't YOU. It was Napolean_Tanerite that had the problem.

I'm just saying if you plan on keeping your truck for a while (I've had my first M1009 for four years now) or plan or purchasing more than one, it doesn't hurt to fix them now.

Because LATER GM may not have the dash pads any more.

So we will be stuck with aftermarket that may or may not fit as well as OEM.

I happen to feel that the dash pad is one of the few items that anyone who sees your truck will most likely see your dash IF they are approaching it from the front. They might notice it approaching from the rear, but it's doubtful.

Again, I didn't mean you. Just another members experience in the link you posted.

pinwormfood

polk speakers

I took the dash pad off yesterday and it was very easy, i cleaned the instrument cluster and added Polk audio 3.5 inch speakers with Dynamat

question, did you have trouble installing the dash pad over the speakers. mine have a 1 1/2 inch installed height and I am worried the dash pad will not fit over the speakers....
did your speakers have the raised center section?
thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks