• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DASH PAD

JohnFire

mine is cracked all over, lol just like most of them out there I am sure. Non cracked dash pad is tougher to find than the holy grail. New dash pad is around $250-300 something depending on where you find them. LMC, classic truck etc... covers are cheaper but the one that was on my M1028 looks like crap.

AJMBLAZER

There's a place that makes fiberglass or poly dash pads...can't remember who now. I hear theirs are good...they were in 4WheelParts' in house magazine a few issues back.

MILRET45

The OEM pads are still available.

GM PART # 15641405
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $399.10
OUR PRICE: $236.59

That's the GMPARTSDIRECT listing from today. I bought one through them a few years back when I was redoing a 1008. Found my old notes, price then was $185. It will come in a generic gray color but can be vinyl sprayed to match the CUCV interior if that's a concern.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GMPartsDirect price is about as low as I've seen. Classic Industries has them for $399. They also have an 'OER Authorized" repro for $189 that suppposedly fits well and is available in colors. "Carmine" appears to be the original match. Shipping might kill you though.

Given a little sun heating, even the GM pads don't always fit right for long...

Michael

Anybody tried a GM dealer lately. The last time I did they told me they were discontinued, but it has be 2 or 3 years ago. I was wondering if they brought them back due to demand or are they only online? Seems like shipping would be high and the one I bought from a dealer wasn't in much of a box and would be easily damaged.

AJMBLAZER

Having worked in a GM dealer's parts department a few years ago...generally speaking of course...if it's discontinued don't expect them to keep it. We threw out hundreds of obsolete parts. Some might be sitting on a rack somewhere in a pile of dust but don't expect GM to list it or their computer to necessarily be able to find it.

I hear good things about some of the aftermarket replacements, particularly the fiberglass ones.

AK_M1028

Re: RE: DASH PAD

AJMBLAZER said:
There's a place that makes fiberglass or poly dash pads...can't remember who now. I hear theirs are good...they were in 4WheelParts' in house magazine a few issues back.
Coverlay Manufacturing is the company that was featured in the 4WheelParts magazine, vacuum molded ABS plastic. I don't see them for sale on 4WheelParts' website, but http://www.coverlaymfg.com/ has them for sale on their website. $122.36 for an 1981 to 1991 dash cover.

JohnFire

RE: Re: RE: DASH PAD

There is a big difference between dash pads and dash covers. For the cost of the covers you mght as well get a dash pad which replaces the whole dash. My 1028 came with a cover and talk about looking like junk. I would take a cracked dash over a cover any day. Classic industries sells urethane dash pads for $190. I don't know how good they are cause I am just doing the research myself. http://www.classicindustries.com/ Shipping will probably be high though no matter what.