• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DASH PAD

JohnFire

mine is cracked all over, lol just like most of them out there I am sure. Non cracked dash pad is tougher to find than the holy grail. New dash pad is around $250-300 something depending on where you find them. LMC, classic truck etc... covers are cheaper but the one that was on my M1028 looks like crap.

AJMBLAZER

There's a place that makes fiberglass or poly dash pads...can't remember who now. I hear theirs are good...they were in 4WheelParts' in house magazine a few issues back.

MILRET45

The OEM pads are still available.

GM PART # 15641405
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $399.10
OUR PRICE: $236.59

That's the GMPARTSDIRECT listing from today. I bought one through them a few years back when I was redoing a 1008. Found my old notes, price then was $185. It will come in a generic gray color but can be vinyl sprayed to match the CUCV interior if that's a concern.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GMPartsDirect price is about as low as I've seen. Classic Industries has them for $399. They also have an 'OER Authorized" repro for $189 that suppposedly fits well and is available in colors. "Carmine" appears to be the original match. Shipping might kill you though.

Given a little sun heating, even the GM pads don't always fit right for long...

Michael

Anybody tried a GM dealer lately. The last time I did they told me they were discontinued, but it has be 2 or 3 years ago. I was wondering if they brought them back due to demand or are they only online? Seems like shipping would be high and the one I bought from a dealer wasn't in much of a box and would be easily damaged.

AJMBLAZER

Having worked in a GM dealer's parts department a few years ago...generally speaking of course...if it's discontinued don't expect them to keep it. We threw out hundreds of obsolete parts. Some might be sitting on a rack somewhere in a pile of dust but don't expect GM to list it or their computer to necessarily be able to find it.

I hear good things about some of the aftermarket replacements, particularly the fiberglass ones.

AK_M1028

Re: RE: DASH PAD

AJMBLAZER said:
There's a place that makes fiberglass or poly dash pads...can't remember who now. I hear theirs are good...they were in 4WheelParts' in house magazine a few issues back.
Coverlay Manufacturing is the company that was featured in the 4WheelParts magazine, vacuum molded ABS plastic. I don't see them for sale on 4WheelParts' website, but http://www.coverlaymfg.com/ has them for sale on their website. $122.36 for an 1981 to 1991 dash cover.

JohnFire

RE: Re: RE: DASH PAD

There is a big difference between dash pads and dash covers. For the cost of the covers you mght as well get a dash pad which replaces the whole dash. My 1028 came with a cover and talk about looking like junk. I would take a cracked dash over a cover any day. Classic industries sells urethane dash pads for $190. I don't know how good they are cause I am just doing the research myself. http://www.classicindustries.com/ Shipping will probably be high though no matter what.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks