• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash Panel Lenses

Lex_Ordo

So I bought some of the different color Dash Panel Lenses, to spruce up my duece.

I used Blue for my High Beams, and Amber for my Air Shift Front Axle engagement. They add a little bit of color to the all green interior.

Red looked cool instead of the Amber, but I already have the green covered Red lenses for the dash panel back guage back lighting, so I wanted another color.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a sweet looking truck, I would like to see some pictures of the entire thing. The interior looks better than new!!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now, that's what I like to see. A beautiful restoration like that, but you're also not afraid to take it out and play with it...that's what these trucks were meant to do and that one looks great doing it.[thumbzup]

Lex_Ordo

So here is the new panel getting ready to go in and make the interior even better! In addition, I will be installing a newer Air Shift Front Axle switch, and adding a Green lens to it. I'll get some pics up upon completion. Almost there, just some loose ends that need time to complete

Attachments

Lex_Ordo

Sure thing. Thanks for the compliments.

I used 383 green from Omni-Coatings made by PPG. The shop that I use mixed in the flatening agent, to dull it up. The nice thing is that it is a smooth finish unlike a 100% CARC, and allows the water to bead a bit and run off. I find that the CARC, will hold the water similar to rifle Parkerizing, which is somewhat coarse and holds oil on gun finishes.

HTH

Lex_Ordo

Sorry. I put the part/ contractor info in a different thread.

Here is the contractor info along with the part numbers for each lens.

Tiem Engineering Corp
202 Beaver St.
PO Box 790
Yorkville, IL 60560
Tel. 630-553-7484

Lens, Red - P/N 7358672
Lens, Blue - P/N 7358672-1
Lens, Green - P/N 7358672-2
Lens, Amber - P/N 7358672-3

Lens, Red with 383 OD Cover - P/N 7358621
Lens, Blue with 383 OD Cover - P/N 7358621-1

Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks