• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash panel light ideas

treysoucie

Does anyone know of a white LED bulb that will fit place of the stock red incandescent ones? I'm not a fan of the red lights as they are very difficult to see at night. I'm open to all options but really like the idea of a white LED guage panel to match my boost and EGT

dikwks

Try running a search on "led strip" , it sounds like a great idea. I might give it a try once I get some other stuff taken care of.[thumbzup]

JarheadMtn

My girlfriend owns her own business making low voltage DC lights. She and her dad ran it for years and he passed away this summer. She fell and broke her leg, so i have been working all of my spare time to help her get caught up with her orders. Once we get her caught up I was going to have her make me up some dash lights for my M813. I haven't had time to see what volatage the stock lights run at yet, I assume 24 volts. She makes, 12, 24, 36 and 48 volt lights, both LED and special light bulbs. One of the lights she makes is a plastic house flood light that I want to put in the cab that will make it nice at night to find things. Her lights are designed for people who live off the grid and use solar panals so they are very effiicient to run. I'll post something once she gets caught up. She has been on bed rest for the past 6 weeks and hopefully can get back to work at the end of the month.

Welder Sam

i use clear caps. no prob seein the gauges and even some in the cab. doesnt blind me at all. better than trying to tape a light strip up. readily available new.

saddamsnightmare

January 8th, 2012 200th Anniverasay of the "Battle of New Orleans"

Welder Sam:

Ditto on the clear caps, My truck has the usual red caps and life is not good, but by picking bulbs whose filiaments are at the same height as the slots, it helps some.

Thanks,

Kyle F. McGrogan

N.B. Unimogs use white lights on the guages, and contrary to popular perception, you don't lose your night vision.....[thumbzup]

JCKnife

I thought it was OK to say "they're on ebay" but not link a specific auction. I could well be mistaken! If so I'll edit my post.

Welder Sam

ahh yeah i guess that slipped my mind

when i search for things, i often search m998 too because somethings interchange... like clear caps

Last edited:

slotman

I would like to get the blue caps anyone know where they can be found.but if not white would work please let me know where to find them thanks.

Welder Sam

i have blue indicators over my high beam. thats nice. when i look down, gauges are clear, high beam is blue and front axle in open faced red so its pretty bright.