• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dash speaker install height

pinwormfood

hey guys, i was installing my new cheapie china dash speakers in my m1009 and I noticed that with the mounting brackets and the install height of the speaker (the tweeter sticks up), the dash pad looks and feels like it is going to rub and rest right on top of the tweeter. has anyone had this same problem? what was the fix?
and here are the speakers i bought:

Sound Ordnance™ P-35 3-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

any help would be greatly appreciated.
pinworm

Last edited:

linx310

Yea I noticed that to with my speakers ordered from crutchfield also...

I have not installed them yet, but was planning on buying a pack of washers and use them as spacers to make the speakers bolt down lower.

linx310

so you were going to mount the speakers under the metal dash? is that what you had in mind?
I was going to install the brackets in the stock locations. And then use washers as spacers between the bracket and the speaker it self to lower it further down. If that doesn't work I am told you can actually install the brackets from under the metal dash also.

rnd-motorsports

the factroy speekers are a single speeker no tweeter so there flat I installed speakers in a customer truck using a piece of 1/2'' plywood cut it the size to fit the speaker location then sat speakers on and cut center for the speakers to mount that way no loss in sound becouse of space around speaker being speaker are dif see how far the tweeter sticks up may need 3/4'' for some [thumbzup]