• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dashpad restoration

roveroverme

Banned
So I've done it. Took the dash out and went to town with a few ingredients
I had
-Gorilla glue
- Great stuff
- Body filler
- Filler & sandable primer
- Truckbed liner spray can
- Dark red vinyl paint

I took the dash out , glued the really badly lifted parts down with gorilla glue. sanded the the high spots down, sprayed great stuff in the cracks, cut them down , put body filler on , sanded primed and painted with truck bed liner. it gave it a nice textured look and hides the imperfections pretty well. Had I sanded the great stuff down some more and spent more time sanding, it would have looked 100% like a new dash. I am pretty happy with the result. Now I am pondering if I should leave it black, spray gray or in red...
I think I'll go with red to match the door cards. Gotta let it marinade some more and see how I feel about it later :)

Attachments

Last edited:

roveroverme

Banned
Thank you fellas.
There has been a thread with great photo's by a member who did essentially what I did, but with much more attention to detail. His dash really looked like new.
I tried to find it, to prepare my project , but couldn't. I can't wait to see how it will hold up. It looked still good on day two :)

Pballer71

I've been looking for a new dash but those go for around three hundred dollars. Thank you for posting this i can't believe i didn't think of this sooner. I have a question though for the great stuff did you use the regular stuff or the window and door stuff so it doesn't push out as much?

roveroverme

Banned
I've been looking for a new dash but those go for around three hundred dollars. Thank you for posting this i can't believe i didn't think of this sooner. I have a question though for the great stuff did you use the regular stuff or the window and door stuff so it doesn't push out as much?
I was going to buy the window and door stuff at first , but then decided for the regular great stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks