• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Data Plate Questions

jepsonjj

I purchased a new "U.S. Property" data plate for my 1952 M37. It is slightly different than other plates I have seen. The new plate has a place to stamp the manufacturer part number. What is this number????

Also I don't know what to stamp in the six fields on a new "Responsible Agency" plate under Procurement and Depot Maintenance

Maybe one of you guys has a picture of one or both of these plates that you would be willing to post????

Unfortunately, the glove box door on my truck was gone when I bought the truck.

Thank You,

Joe

Carter

These are pix of plates that the army put on my truck after it was rebuilt at Letterkenny in 1969. As you can see the manufactures part number was left blank, since the truck has no mounted equipment that was left blank also. The reason they are faded is the aluminum plates are weathered from the truck sitting outside for many years before I got it.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread but rather than burn up ban width starting a new one thought I'd just piggy back my question to it.

I'm working on my 1954 M37 and when I took the panel off the dash under the steering column I noticed 4 screw tips on the back. It appears that the screws broke off on the front then they just painted over them. It looks like there was a data/information plate of some kind there at one point. The screws are 5 3/4 width and 2 1/4 heighth.

None of the new plates I have match that hole pattern. Anyone have something in that location on their truck?

Carter

It's the vehicle servicing instruction plate, which provides info on fuel, engine oil, lubricants and tire inflation requirements.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks