• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Data plates

DKELONE

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I'll continue to try to operate in the fashion you describe. As for any more exchanges with m37brat I see that he does not listen or read & I'll ignore anything from him. In fact he bought plates from me at mvdataplates having nothing to do with mules. He is so good with details.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I'm not defending nor endorsing M37 BRAT, nor do i have a horse in this race( I do have a data plate request in with
DKELONE ) It seems m37 had a bad experience, we all have had them one time or another, for example look at GIMPS signature, sh1t happens, life goes on, if he works for you let us know, if he does not let us know, that is only fair

Last edited:
Reactions: DUG

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As urged by JT, I replied the PM David sent me. He advised that email would be best so I sent another request from my home and work accounts.

I'll LYK how things go.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David Kelone I seen your work and I think I half to say My hat off to you I will do Buisness with you soon
Very nice work Keep up the good job.
Thank you for your work.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an update -

David contacted me via PM and we switched to email. I gave him a list of plates needed (common M35A2 stuff - no custom, no screening, no etching, etc - just pull and ship). He quoted me a price that reflected a military discount. He mentioned it could take three weeks to receive, but maybe quicker since there was no custom work at all. I Paypaled the quoted amount within minutes.

It's been three weeks and no plates. No reply to the email I sent checking status.

I realize that I'm not an "old timer", that I haven't met a lot of old timers personally, nor have I bothered to travel cross country and hang out at an east coast event.

What I am is a hard working sailor who has money that is just as good as anyone else's money and I deserve to be treated like a hard working paying customer. I understand that delays happen, but since I paid upfront I expect to be notifed of any delays and approve them. I am a customer.

I'm done with this topic and I will consider my money long gone. I have been insulted for daring to offering my experiences trying to BUY data plates from David and now I have cash gone from my wallet with nothing to show.

My truck will either have old faded data plates, I'll find another source or maybe I'll see David at a show and purchase in person.

Those who have not had any problems - good deal - I am happy it worked out.

This is MY experience, it's true and I can tell you it doesn't feel good.

area52

I need a bunch of plates for my wrecker but I am hesitant to buy from someone who has less than stellar reputation on here. I see that he was on site at 9 am today.

m37brat

I have to apologize for calling David a scammer. After all of the trashing I got for posting about his less than stellar business sense and waiting 5 weeks for a response and having received a complete refund through PayPal, David called me to tell me that he was sorry he took so long to respond to my order and asked what exact M35 plates that I had paid for. He was finally, after 5 weeks, going to send them out. Sadly, the plates I had ordered and paid for were for a M43. So I apologize. He is not a scammer just incompetent. I suggest if you paid through PayPal you just file for a refund and order your plates from another source. As for the poor guy that ordered M35 plates from David and received my M43 plates, send me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal.

I was just going to let this die but I wanted to correct what I said. The plates he sells are great but if you chose to deal with him you are going to have a real trip. Maybe if enough people complain he will get what ever help he needs to run his business. If not maybe he can turn the data plate business over to someone who can handle the traffic.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Final update - I called David Monday and he informed me the data plates I ordered went out on Sunday. I received them today via USPS priority mail.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It's all so confusing!!!

Sure, I'm not an "old timer" so it's on me to try for the 7th or 8th time.
I gotta know one thing - and PB or WM or any of the other retired NCOs can answer - is this how it works in the civilian word shipmates? I gotta a feeling I'm not gonna like retirement one little bit.

I don't really know how to answer that DUG....so I'll just blab a little.:-D
Yes...the civilian world is a culture shock you better get ready for!!!aua
They're all out of uniform and nobody seems to be in charge!!:cookoo:

As far as publicly roasting a business man on here I won't play for several reasons.
First...I haven't ordered anything from DKELONE...don't need any plates etc., and never met the man. HOWEVER:

I have met JATONKA, RECOVERY 4X4, 73M819 and maybe someone else in this thread...it seems that Jatonka and Recovery4x4 have a high opinion of DKELONE so I gotta say he's good in my world until proven different (personally).:driver:

Like I said...never met DKELONE but with the confidence shown by some super troops I have met...I will give him a shot if the need arises.

If he (or anyone else on here) hoses me...I'll just revert to my old self...LOL

Attachments

Billy Bobbed

I fell like Im on Ebay here.I look at his feedback it has some neg.,but I want it.I see the bad and the good that people write about the seller.And you have to fell for the people that got screwed.And you wonder why did they get screwed,and some got what they bought.After reading this I'll stick with my old ones.Because I could be that one that didnt get what he paid for.It took DUG a year of waiting to get what he paid for,thats not cool for me.aua

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I fell like Im on Ebay here.I look at his feedback it has some neg.,but I want it.I see the bad and the good that people write about the seller.And you have to fell for the people that got screwed.And you wonder why did they get screwed,and some got what they bought.After reading this I'll stick with my old ones.Because I could be that one that didnt get what he paid for.It took DUG a year of waiting to get what he paid for,thats not cool for me.aua
It took a year to get my order taken. It was 3 1/2 weeks (quoted 3) after my payment was received to get my off the shelf, not etched, not custom plates.

I don't feel that I bashed anyone, I just told my experience. Period. No more, no less.

The whole thing could have been an endless series of bad timing, missed emails, etc, I don't know. In the end I got what I wanted, but knowing what I know now I wouldn't bother. I only "wanted" them, I didn't need them and having them wasn't worth the hassle or the thinly disquised insults I had to deal with from another member here.

I'm just some new guy who has been in the hobby two years. I've never met any SS members east of the Mississippi so my opinion may not hold weight with some. That's kewl, to each his own.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks