• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

David Kelone

nickd

David Kilone passed away last week. For many years David was a permanent fixture at military vehicle shows with his trailer load of mules, parts and his black lab. Although David could be difficult at times, he was always helpful with parts and advise to keep a mule running. At one of the Ripken stadium shows, my mule started to run poorly. I limped it over to David’s camp. A small crowd gathered as he diagnosed the problem. Tools and parts to remove and rebuild my magneto appeared from his truck. He guided me through the removal, rebuild and timing process. Everyone present learned something about David and the mule that day. I went on to submitting a few articles in Military Vehicles Magazine covering repairs and maintenance of mules. David left the mule business and sold his mule parts inventory to Eastern Surplus. David kept himself busy traveling the country providing relief to residents In areas where natural disasters occurred. He would arrive with his camper/truck, trailer with his skid steerl to work with clean up efforts. it was on one of his deployments ( as he called them) that he died in his sleep during an intermediate stop on his way home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks