• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dayton Quaker Steak and Lube Events (2013)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump and to say the current Miss Ohio jumped out of a perfectly good airplane on Saturday to show support for the troops.

:)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After 3 cans of primer, 24 cans of 383 Rapco, two new tan mirrors and a can of black for some lettering I have it looking a little better for today's parade and QS&L this week.

Probably take another 24 cans because CARC soaks it up like a sponge....

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A big Thank You to everyone who showed up last night at QSL.

Rrepik (Rob and Myla (sp?) ) with their freshly painted Deuce. I've never seen one painted completely inside and out top to underneath. (Myla painted the whole inside of the bed with a brush!! Nice.)
Jayco36reqs (Gary) with his M923A1.
CW3Topher (Chris, Nancy and Christina(sp?) ) and his M818 we are putting a bed on Sunday.
JW4x4 (Jerry) and his M932A1 we put a bed on last year.
Me and my freshly painted XM813.

Three generations of trucks represented. :)

Miss Ohio was there and two guys from Team Fastrax jumped in with US flags all while there was a C17 doing touch and goes in the background at WPAFB.

I look forward to the September bike night with MVs.

Thank you again. It reaffirms my view that we have some of the best people anywhere in the SS family.

(JW took pics.)

rrepik

We enjoyed being there, meeting people in person. And it was our first trip with the truck over a mile from home!! Yeah. Wife worked really hard on the painting, almost painted most of the top half of the truck. Had a good time and we will be back in the fall.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We enjoyed being there, meeting people in person. And it was our first trip with the truck over a mile from home!! Yeah. Wife worked really hard on the painting, almost painted most of the top half of the truck. Had a good time and we will be back in the fall.
Keep getting used to driving it. Come October you can follow the shrunken 5 ton to the GA Rally.

jw4x4

All of that hard work shows. As Swbradley mentioned, its the most complete paint job that can be done. I am also looking forward to the next one.

rrepik

I took the seats out, pressure washed the whole truck twice, sanded and primed all the rusty spots and my wife and I started at 10 am and didn't finish until after 5 pm. She had a two inch brush and I had the hf spray gun. She went on the sides and the bed and I went under the truck. I was as green as the truck by the time I got done. LOL. now I am considering a second coat to make it darker. Olympic Premium exterior paint in stock Olympic camo green.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK gang, you see the little aqua box in this pic? That little platform usually sells for about $40 to $48 ea. On black Friday Lowes usually blows it out cheap. This past year they were $17. I have about 4 of them and at rallys, they are indispensable. I would urge everyone to keep an eye out on Lowes for one of these. I guarantee you will be equally as pleased.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Kenny, Jerry was telling everybody about the little platform. Not load tested for my arse though.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump this up as The Boss just told me last night that yes, they want trucks on the 12th for the Patriot bike night. I'm guessing we will still have the 8 spots reserved for sure and grass if need be.

Maybe JW will get some more pictures of the skydivers coming down with the flag.

jw4x4

I look forward to being there. Thank You Foundation is a great organization. I have noticed some Ohio license plates of the TYF variety.