• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"DC control circuit breaker" poping out when moving control dial from off

69zfarmer

I thought I had a good dependable 002a it has been flawless until now.I have only had it for a week now.It shows 3100 hours on the clock.
I walked by it awhile ago and was going to start it and every time I move dial from off to on or preheat or any other function it pops the little "pull for emergency stop" out.I can turn selector back to off and push back in and it stays as long as you don't move it to any other selection.Where would you start to trouble shoot?

Guyfang

Staff member
You have a short circuit, someplace. Open the control panel and see if that changes what happens. Then look around for something that might be laying in the control cube, that might be the problem. Then start up plugging hings. I would start with the fuel pumps. Unhook things and leave them up hooked. After unhooking something, Try the S-1 Switch. Its something in the run circuit, as thats the first position on he S-1 start switch.

Triple Jim

The fuel pump suggestion is a good one. I've heard that the RF noise suppression capacitors on them can fail and short. You can disconnect the capacitors and see if that helps.

bchauvette

I had the same problem with my MEP003. Took almost two tanks of fuel and days to diagnose. I had a interment shorting shut off solonoid. Not knowing how your 02 is configured if you can try disconnecting it and see if the breaker pops. You may be able to manually do what the solenoid does to shut the unit off.

jamawieb

Its more than likely the fuel pump capacitors. The easiest way to see, is if you will reset the dc breaker and unplug one fuel pump connector at a time to see which one is shorted and popping the breaker. When you find the bad capacitor just cut it out and splice the wires together. If you follow the wire from the connector back to the fuel pump, you will find a slender, aluminum piece that is mounted on the frame. Just cut that out and splice the wires together. It's not needed for civilian use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks