• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead Alternator HELP

tklm539

It would seem that the left side alternator on my 85 m1009 cucv is dead. With a jump the truck will start but after 5 min all electrical dies or is VERY low.
Garage says to replace or rebuild the left and right at the same time. Any thoughts on which way to go. Also where can I get the alternators? I need the truck for work and running asap. Thanks Tom

mangus580

Your fastest bet would be to find a local alternator/starter rebuild shop. They should have the parts in stock to fix it for you.

Second, you could have Mike @ ODIron overnight you one. You wont get it until tuesday though.

If you are in a MAJOR pinch, come on down, I have a brand new one I got from Mike that I havent put on yet, or for that matter, I have some parts kicking around, we might be able to fix up the one you have thats bad.

tklm539

Thanks Mike, as always!
I will check the link and then the local rebuild for time.

Good to know that I can get new if I have to.
Thanks for offering yours I have a back up plow, but it is VERY marginal
Tom

mangus580

Keep me posted... only reason I got the new one, is because my pass side has arced through the case somehow on the output stud... so all the internals are still good, just a bum case.

We can put my new one in, and use parts out of the old one to fix yours if need be.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Good lesson learned for me (and I guess all) have a second set of generators ready. I actually have a spare set but I have no idea if they are good. My intent is to have them rebuilt and put on my shelf until needed.

Good luck. I'd go the rebuild route.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks