• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dead batteries???

spoort1

I just bought a m1008 from a surplus dealer and the batteries were weak. I drove it home 2hrs drive and later when I tried to start it was dead. I bought a new battery and replaced the rear battery which I thought was the weak one. Still the volt meter reads just below green, I assume the new battery was not charged well. Can I jump it with a 12v truck? If So how?

Cucvnut

nope its a 24v system you need to get two new battery's and get the alts tested they might be bad and so that's killing your battery's ( possibly ) when a truck is running the battery's have nothing to do with the system your alts keep everything running.

4bogginchevys

altenator problem is what it sounds like, lots of threads here on that! As far as jumping it....of course the batt closest to the core support0#1) is standard for hook up with cables...

Last edited:

spoort1

Ok. Thanks. I am new to 24v systems. I guess I will have to buy the other battery. When the truck was running the volt meter was in the green all the way so I assume the alternators were working ok just the batteries were bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks