• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead short glow plugs

Denace

Hey guys, I have a 1986 CU CV and I converted the glow plugs from 24 to 12 volt. I removed the resistor and pulled power from the 12 volt bus next to the glow plug solenoid. I have a 30 amp fuse in the line and every time I put power to the solenoid the fuse like a dead short. I unhooked the orange wires from the bottom of the solenoid and it does not blow a fuse. As soon as I hook it up it blows the fuse. I looked through the wires and I cannot see any bare spots hitting anywhere. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I do have a hillbilly wizard glow plug card installed and it has worked fine for the past 2 years

nyoffroad

I'm not sure how many amp the GP draw but my guess is more than 30. Try unplugging all GP and see what happens, if the fuse still blows then you know you have a dead short. I'm no electrical expert but I believe you would need some kind of slow-blow fuse (if even made for 12v) or a fusible link.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks