• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dealing with talcum powder sand...errr

linx310

My M1009 was full of talcum powder type sand when I got it.

I have vacummed, power washed, air blasted, and wiped down the inside of my M1009 and it keeps comming back. Every week when I go to work on my M1009 there is a fine coat of it dusting the interior and windshield.

I am thinking of running a HIPA airfilter inside of it to try and get it out of the air.

Any tips?

Westech

CPL
i just took my dash out and all the gauges and wahsed her out with the hose and put a fan in there over night to dry it out.. and I did not just blast everyting... I was careful not to soak things that did not like water. works but that is about the only thing you can do.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
white sand? prob from nevada that fine white dirt that you wash out but it comes back. umm try car wash soap and water if that does't work try armor all

bratpackdad

It's most likely inside the dash and vents. A HEPA filter won't remove it from deep inside. You will have to pull the dash and strip it to the fire wall.

linx310

It's most likely inside the dash and vents. A HEPA filter won't remove it from deep inside. You will have to pull the dash and strip it to the fire wall.
Yeap I stripped the dash already. I am betting it is in the air vents. I will have to remove those.