• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Debt of Gratitide

cjcottrill

I owe a special debt of gratitude to RUSS132 from Kelley's Island. While visiting Port Clinton, I thought I would respond to one his postings about having some cots for sale. We exchanged several e-mails, and he offered me an outstanding deal. Unfortunately I was driving my wife's car and simply did not have room. In one of my e-mails, I mentioned that I was looking to purchase 1-2 to add to the display I set up for special occasions at the local VA Medical Center. We could never get our schedules to meet, but Russ called a friend who placed the cots on the ferry to Marblehead. He told me how to pick them up at the landing. He refused all offers for payment. I even had trouble getting the freight terminal to accept the payment for delivery! The lady at the terminal said "Russ is a great guy, he has one of those big trucks that runs on french fry oil." Here's to Russ, a really good Joe; many thanks, they will be on display the week end of the 23rd at the VA in Chillicothe.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I'll second the motion about Russ being a great Guy! I sent him some small parts, and asked him to put the cost of the ride in my PayPal account. He did, and I sent the parts to him, however the postage was about twice what he put in account. He brought this to my attention, and I told him a deal was a deal, he didn't owe me anything. I figured it was my mistake and I was willing to eat a few bucks for the error. He sent the parts he didn't need back with money to cover my error in postage, and a nice surprise in the box also. A truly upstanding Gentleman, an asset to the Steel Soldiers Community, and a pleasure to do business with.