• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decode these markings M715

sail78385

Picked this up the other day. Can anyone decode it for me? Also is there such thing as repo M715 tailgates? Cant believe how perfect this one is.

20151008_072446.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The 3F#### is your registration number

5A is 5th Army
I think it says 46GP (which is why folks should type it out in addition to the picture) which is 46th Group.
Headquarters 47 which was probably one of the vehicles within the logistics section.

Caution Do Not Drop Tailgate is a code term meaning this vehicle was actually part of a super secret organization within the CIA that acted like they were USA and in fact were DIA coordinating with the NSA developing new TTP's to pass off to the IRS for being the ultimate PITA.

Hope that helps.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The star means that it hauled Bob Hope at a USO show. :grin:

I have not seen a repo tail gate for 715.

gerrykan

A repro tailgate would not have the word Jeep embossed unless someone wanted to spend a lot of money for the license, and the stamping dies for a very small market.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks