• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decoding/History of my M1009

dc_cucv

Back February, I acquired my M1009 from the Mounds, IL Police Dept via auction. Apparently the old police chief acquired a handful of military vehicles back in 2013/2014 with the intention of retrofitting them for police use, but that never happened, so they sat parked for 7-8 years. Flash to 2022. New younger police chief comes in and decides to clean house and puts the vehicles on auction. I had my eyes set on the M1009 and I got it.
When i cleaned the truck out, i found the DD 1577 with the decommission date and it being "condemned" even though she's running just fine now. Guessing it more the obsolete part of it.

Was trying to get some info of where that truck may have been from, and from the tag on it, MONG MO TCC I can see that it came from the Missouri National Guard. And the registration is NFODUZ.

My question is what is a TCC? Is that a role in the guard? I was active duty infantry and MI, and cant seem to remember ever hearing the TCC acronym. Guessing it may be some sort of command vehicle? Any guard guys here that can spell that out for me?

Thanks!!

Attachments

dc_cucv

Update:
Was able to talk to some folks at the MO Nat'l Guard and got in contact with LT at the military history museum. They may have info/records for it. which would be nice.

dc_cucv

Well I'm pretty sure that truck has either made a trip to the desert overseas or at least to NTC based on the amount of sand I found in the door panels and dash.

I'm primarily more interested in if they have the actual mileage (my odometer reads 00190 now, so i was thinking it's actually 100,190 due to it being a 5 digit odometer. If they happen to find service records, i'd be over the moon (but not holding my breath).

Any other info they may have would just be nice to know.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well I'm pretty sure that truck has either made a trip to the desert overseas or at least to NTC based on the amount of sand I found in the door panels and dash.

I'm primarily more interested in if they have the actual mileage (my odometer reads 00190 now, so i was thinking it's actually 100,190 due to it being a 5 digit odometer. If they happen to find service records, i'd be over the moon (but not holding my breath).

Any other info they may have would just be nice to know.
It's always nice to know - or maybe would be nice to know - but the military isn't like private companies or individuals. The odometer is just a set of numbers. That is all. The speedometer in your truck could have been replaced half a dozen times or an old one could have been installed from a "sidelined" vehicle. I wouldn't get your heart set on a set of real maintenance records. There won't be an "old mileage" and "new mileage" entry in the records. It just doesn't happen... Motor Pool Sargent just doesn't push for that information in their record keeping.

dc_cucv

It's always nice to know - or maybe would be nice to know - but the military isn't like private companies or individuals. The odometer is just a set of numbers. That is all. The speedometer in your truck could have been replaced half a dozen times or an old one could have been installed from a "sidelined" vehicle. I wouldn't get your heart set on a set of real maintenance records. There won't be an "old mileage" and "new mileage" entry in the records. It just doesn't happen... Motor Pool Sargent just doesn't push for that information in their record keeping.
I was on AD from 97-03 and I drove M1008 and 9's, M998 and an LMTV. Mileage was logged in all the records I had for my trucks and those were turned in to the motor pool folks, so maybe/hopefully it's just a matter of who kept it up. As a matter fact, all 3 motor pools Ive dealt with (Ft Lewis, Ft Myer, Ft Huachuca) I remember logging miles when we signed the trucks in and out...

Regardless, based on the physical condition of the truck; motor, chassis, etc, my mechanic buddy doesn't think the odometer has rolled over more than once.

I don't think a NG vehicle got enough use back in those days to really warrant having over that many miles. We weren't in 2-3 active wars/conflicts at the same time back then, so my suspicion is these were used to run around post and for training events/drills, which being NG is nothing near the frequency use that an active duty vehicle would get.

I'll see what they come back with when i get a reply. Fingers crossed but even if they don't have any more info, it doesn't matter to me at the end of the day. I got a sweet ass truck that's not a rust bucket for a damn good price and so far she's running great. Not much more I could ask for.
This in all honestly will be the last truck I buy. I'm 44 and I plan on driving this well into my 60's or whenever they take my license away for turning into mr. magoo. By the time I'm done with my resto project on it, It'll be ready to run for another 40 years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks