• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decon Bottle Cartridges

dabtl

I had a decon bottle that was mostly complete and the mount already installed in my second deuce.

It did not seem right to me, however. After observing more closely some NOS bottles I realized mine did not have the propellant cartridges on the mount or bottle.

A trip to WalMart, co2 cartridges in the sporting goods section, a little paint and for $1.57 it now looks complete. The co2 would not provide the pressure the standard cartridge would have, but since I will never use it, who cares? Looks right, however.

Cool information. I should get one, too. Can you actually release the co2? Then you could fill the bottle with flour or talcum powder etc and have a neat smoke bomb (men don't grow up....)
:-D

Cheers,
Mark

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Good point, the M11's were made for a cylinder filled with nitrogen, I wonder if an NOS cylinder would work better than Co2? I thought I had a couple of boxes of the N cylinders but don't seem to be able to locate them.
If you want to put water in one make sure you mix it 50/50 with anti freeze otherwise the insides will corrode .
It looks like Co2 may have more volume, the warning below came off a N cartridge site.

"Please be aware that the nitrogen will only fill 20% of the space that a 12g CO2 cartridge will because Nitrogen exerts a lower partial pressure than CO2."

Attachments

Last edited:

dabtl

I assume the co2 will work, just less pressure. I looked about for the nitrogen cartridges but did not look too hard. WallyWorld is just to close and cheap.

I found this site has nitrogen cartridges. https://morebeer.com/view_product/18310

But one costs more than five of the co2 at WallyWorld.

Last edited: