• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decon Bottle

islandguydon

Does anyone know the propose of the Decon Bottle. I was just given a few of these and was told the contents are poisonous and to be careful not to use it without a ready supply of water for dilution.

I understand the term Decontaminate. What are the parameters of what this actually does Decontaminate. I looked all over for a TM but to no end I found nothing.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you come into contact with Wreckerman or Maddog308, use it un-cut. Might even want to cut off said body parts just in case.

NEIOWA

Does anyone know the propose of the Decon Bottle. I was just given a few of these and was told the contents are poisonous and to be careful not to use it without a ready supply of water for dilution.

I understand the term Decontaminate. What are the parameters of what this actually does Decontaminate. I looked all over for a TM but to no end I found nothing.

If a commie pinko arty or aviation unit were to place a chemical agent upon your head/equipment, you would use these to spray down that areas you need to touch while continuing the operation of the vehicle/piece of equipment. Spot decontamination of blister/nerve/etc agent. And yes, supposed to be nasty stuff in the bottle. As I recall that is and an M11.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Chances are it should not have DS2 in it but training liquid. If you think they still have DS2 in them and you are on city sewer. Get a face shield rubber gloves and splash protection open windows. Use a wrench to loosen the top till hand tight, carry to bathroom, flush and dump. Your city sewer system can handle it but a septic system won't as the DS2 will kill the good bugs that break down waste. Take them outside and rinse several times, let them air dry. Replace with 50/50 mix of antifreeze & water.
http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/tm-3-4230-204-12-and-p.pdf

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
OOPs forgot , at 8:38 shows how well these things squirt
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O2cqaqCYPQ[/media]

A

A/C Cages

Don if there is DS2 in there, do as he said, get rid of it. Nasty nasty crap and burns like ( I cant say on here).
Dont dump at your house, It will kill your septic system.

There are newer agent out there that can be used in your cans and are safer nontoxic. When I remember their names I will email it to you.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep, ClintoGF has them.

Highly unlikely your's has actual DS-2. Normally these would only be filled at the onset of hostilities. I was in Germany in the 80's and we didn't even have them loaded then.

It use to be we never, ever, ever, ever went on a field exercise without being in MOPP2. I hear now NBC stands for NoBody Cares. Sure hope we don't go up against someone that can slime us.

combat32

CARNAC is right on, we never kept DS 2 in the bottles, they were stored dry.Now in the 11th ACR we did carry DS 2, it came in these 1 quart lookin oil cans, always had 2 in my right rear sponson box.In the 90's we switched over to STB(super tropical bleach) Ain't seen DS 2 in many moons, it is nasty nasty stuff as stated above, I did a real deal decon in 83 or 84 IIRC, that dang stuff ate anything rubber right off my M113, paint too.

I need a bottle myself, I already have the bracket behind the seat of my 1008, our primary decon plan in those days was to use the German car wash and each track commander (in 1st Squadron 11th ACR) was issued a roll of 5 mark coins.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks