• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deep water fording

Lax

Ken,
I guess the jury is in. We want some photos or the prints! I would like to try to find one of the regulaors or one that works and put one of these systems together. Any help would be great.

After you got out of all the water did you check your axles, diffs, etc for water? Did your seals work well? How about the long vent tubes? So far you've been a great help. Now it's time to make the system. Thanks.

area52

regulator

Try these guys out for pnuematic stuff: http://www.clippard.com

I bought some fittings,switches, hose, and a little regulator from them for my onboard air system for my rockcrawler and they are great!! They deal in miniature stuff but you can get 1/8" stuff and step it up to 1/4" or whatever you need.

Wade

Edit: If anyone is gonna buy some stuff from them, let me know. They have a minimum order and I need some little stuff.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jwaller, I don't think it will fit on the M35. The 5ton air filter is outside on the fender. That's not to say you couldn't use it with some longer hose. The 21/2 ton kit also uses the exaust to hold the snorkle. The 5 ton has it's own stand.
I gave my wife the prints to take to work and scan. I'll PM mike and see of we can put them in the tech section for everone to use.
Lax, After 2 days of running in and out of 6 to 8 feet of water i had water entering the fuel tank and engine through the oil filler cap. I changed the oil at the fire station and siliconed the cap. That solved water entering the engine. I drained the water seperators every time we made it back to the fire station. The fuel was white as milk. But the engine ran fine the hole time.
The front wheel bearings where full of water. Selectro lockouts don't seal at all!!! Everything else stayed clean.
I use boat trailor wheel bearing grease on everything. It doesen't wash out. And helps alot if the water is a bit salty.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, wifey said they are too large to fit in the scanner she has at work. I'm going to try kinko's or some place like that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks