• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Del City, OK Armed Forces Parade 2011

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1075 has been in contact with them and we have the seats all warmed up.

Hows the weather in the SandBox?

M813A1

Oh I am sure you would fit in quite well !! The starting point will be on Sunnylane in Del City just north of I-40 !! Come on by and join in the Fun or you could ride along !!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two weeks and counting.

We have the following signed up.

KAISER M35A2 - M35A2 w/troopseats
M813A1 - M813A1 w/troopseats
91W350 - M35A2
OEFISHER - M35A2
MACGOWAN - M35A2
JONDALE - MX381 (Bobbed Deuce)
M1075 - M1009 or M915A1
PATATTCK88- M1009
TULSAME - M1009
WARTHOG - M715 w/troopseats

We are still waiting on a headcount for the BlueStar Mothers to see how many seats we will need.

I have some extra troop seats for the Deuces that don't have them, if needed.

Anyone else planning on attending please let me know.

Last edited:

91W350

If I can come, it will be a M35A2 with a M105 in tow. Days off request is in, just waiting approval. I will probably come down Friday night and find a place to nap. Glen

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't think I can make this, but I am curious... are there any MV swap meets in OK or KS?
Only one in the area that I know of is the Petie Jean (sp) event in Arkansas and a few in TX. Looking for something?

M813A1

Better bring plenty of cnady the last 2 years I bought $ 70 worth the big bags of candy from Wal Mart and ran out 1/2 mile from the end !! Going to have to spend $ 80 this year !! LOL !!!:-D

OEFISHER

Do we know exactly where we are staging? I am trying to plan how to get all family members together at right time. Is it true I need one of my M105A2 trailers just to haul candy?

MacGowan

Warthog stated the staging point is just north of I-40 on Sunnylane Rd.

For those looking for a good deal on candy - SAMS is the best, as far as I know.

We'll be there, and the troops seats will be completely refinished by then... no more splinters! [thumbzup] I'll have a few kids from Philip St. Neri middle school, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of room if anyone else needs a ride during the parade.

See ya next weekend!

James

Cleptomaniac

Dosent look like ill make it back :x I have to work in NE and im home this week end so...
You guys take alot of pics so i can see all the fun im missing out onaua BTW work is OVER RATED

M813A1

Ok Guy this coming Saturday is the Del City Parade !! I am looking forward to see a bunch of you there !! This Parde is alot of Fun !! and if anyone wants to go to Buffalo WIld Wings for lunch there is a lot of parking there and it is close by !! Hopefully we can get a Good turn out from the Oklahoma Convoy Steel Soldiers Chapter !!

91W350

Thanks to Gimpy, my deuce is running again and charging, no belt squeal.... life is good.... except that I have my lawn all torn up with a root plugged sewer problem. I was running the roto rooter and broke a T in the line, I had to dig up quite a bit to get to it. Now I have it temporarily usable, but I need to get a permanent fix done and rent the roto machine again. I am hoping I can knock it out over the next two days in between court and training, but it is not looking good right now with tomorrow's tornado forecast. I may have to shoot for next year. Glen

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Latest info.

Meeting at the wal-mart at I-40 and Sooner Rd at 0800. Kick some tires, meet and greet, and then convoy the two miles to the staging are at Reno and Sunnylane at 0830.

As soon as I get our "number" to let us know our position, I will let everyone know.