• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Del City, OKlahoma. Armed Forces parade May 9, 2009

M813A1

Hey guys !! I was thinking would anyone want to enter their vehicles into the Del City Armed Forces Parade ??? it is going to be held Saturday May 9 . I was thinking we could group together to enter into the parade and so that they could use as floats ?? Might be a Good time for all ?? I'll get more info and post it .

M813A1

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count me in. Hopefully I will have my M715 w/4bt repower done by then.

Warthog

uoa

I'm graduating on May 9th!:-D Wont be able to make it, but if ya'll want to cruise up here for a little celebration parade afterwords...

M813A1

My mistake I added a second letter "L" in the word Del !! Del City is a suburb of and is just east of OKC it is boardered on the east side by Tinker AFB. and Midwest City on the north side and OKC on the west and south side !!

Prerunner1982

May 9th is the Saturday before Mother's day (Sunday). If anyone needs an A-Driver let me know... I might be able to go, will know more once the date gets closer.

M813A1

Hi Guys !! I'll need to know do we want to do our trucks as a group or as an individual for the application for the Del city Parade ?? I'll get into contact with the city and pick up the applications !! Hopefully we will be able get quite a few trucks together to make a Fun Day out of it and excersize our trucks for awhile !! Looking forward to getting together !! Hope to see ya Soon !!

Dave May " M813A1"

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tomorrows the day.

Looks like the rain will hold off until after the parade.

Staging time starts at 0830. Location is 1 block north of I-40 on Sunnylane.

Hope to see everyone there.

Warthog

M813A1

Del City Armed Forces Day Parade !! Thanks to Tackettr, M35A2, Warthog!! I think the Parade went well !! I enjoyed myself and think the turn out of all the Kids was Great ! ! I forgot my camera so I did not get any pictures, but hope the others might have gotten some photos !! I am looking forward to the other Parades !! Nicoma Park has resecheduled their parade for June 20th and Edmond is July 4 th !! Hope that we can do it again in the next Parade !! Thanks Again !!

Last edited:

Tackettr

My daughters and I had a great time! However I forgot my camera also and ran out of candy about half way through!:oops: Next year I will have to bring 4 times more!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Salute to Armed Forces Pararde

The 2009 Salute to Armed Forces Parade in Del City, OK turned out to be a success.

Despite threats of thunder storms, local lightning and brief rain showers before the parade, all 117 entries had a great time.

The parade started with a fly over from a local Navy E-6 stationed at Tinker AFB. The first entries where our local Military units. Unfortunatly I was unable to get pictures. Being the 90th entry of 117, we where to far away.

The parade route was 2 1/2 miles long. I have never seen so much candy in the kids (small and big) hands. Some had grocery bags full......LOL

I was able to give a ride to a local WWI Dough Boy and his 1917 Springfield. It was a pleasure.

The only pics I was able to get was before the parade started and after it was over.

I would like to thank M813A1, Tackettr and George Kaiser for representing the OKC chapter of SteelSoldiers.

Warthog out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tackettr

Warthog,
I'm glad you had a camera to catch a few pictures! The girls and I had a great time, however we ran out of ammo (Candy), very early on!:oops: We'll have plenty next year and I think we'll have more SS vehicles there next year also! Great fun!!!!:-D

Kevin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks