• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Delaminated truck

dstang97

Is anyone else truck delaminating? my door skins are moving around Im guessing the spot welds broke. This is on both doors and the bed.

Also has anyone heard of the back of the hump cracking in the floor? Or do you think that may be a GL thing???/

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seen hoods come apart, never doors or a cracked hump. Must have been made on a Friday afternoon!

diesel583

It is fiar common, they didn't have much quality control and sure didn't mean for them to last this long. I've seen a lot of spot welds break.

ranchhopper

My driver door on one of my 1008s has the skin seperating from the rest of the door I found out when the door looked like it sagged a bit. I went to repin the hinges and found lifting up the door moved it back into position but letting the door go it want back to its original position.

salt6

When you pull on the drivers door handle of my 1009, you can feel a little give beforte the door starts to move.

hovenga67

I have a crack in the hump under the seat also. My door striker was cracked real bad. Also my old doors that I took off had cracks in a few different spots. I think the metal thickness and grade was subpar. Also these trucks have probably taken a beating.
Brent

ryan77

Overall these are good trucks you see these body trucks on the road everyday!!!! Just wish it had a 700r4 !!!!!!

ssdvc

Can you use body adhesive to fix the hood/brace separation issue??? I really don't want to have it welded.

rnd-motorsports

Yes you can! a good proper application of body adhesive is as good as a spot weld in some cases, Most come that way new! As with many body panels on many cars and trucks!