• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Delivery of M923A2

maxtor

Way up north close to Redding. Thanks for all the help.
Kenm352a told me about the axle hub bolts coming loose and then the oil leaks onto the wheel. Sure enough, that is exactly what was wrong with ours, the bolts where loose. Thanks Ken.
This site has the most friendly and helpful people.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem Max. Anytime I can be of help, just pick up the phone. I am too far away to help physically but we can talk and figure something out.

dburt

Occasionally an over-zealous GI mechanic would overfill an axle pumpkin with gear oil, and it forces it's way past the seals out at the end of the axles if the seals are old or compromised. Or the axle vent could be plugged and allowing pressure from heat due to driving to build up and force the gear oil out past the seals too.

jrosbo

I worked at a tractor dealership for several years and had to dismount combine and tractor tires all the time. I used to use an air over hyd. jack with a remote actuator. The remote actuator was in the air hose about 5 to 6 feet from the jack and your air supply line plugged in to it. I would line the holes up by walking the tire back and forth. Then lean the tire in so the studs would catch top holes in the rim then slowly jack the axles lifting the tire up till the bottom slid in while pushing against the tire. Put a nut on it hand tight and then jack stands under the axles before finishing.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A tire change fork is the way to go. Their in expensive and light weight. Makes a one man job real easy.

datadawg

It should be covered in the -10 operators manual .
Why is it that all the ole' timers give these snappy answers, especially to newbies, instead of actually helping the poster by answering the question? I've spent hours trying to wade through hundreds of pages of manuals for various questions and issues; and if you don't know what you don't know, it's not easy. Even if the issue can be narrowed down, so you can identify where to search, it's like trying to find fleas in a sand mound... The reason we join these sites is to learn from collective wisdom of the members, not be be swatted away like an unwanted mutt. If the poster asks which side the lug removal runs counterclockwise, what's the harm in answering? I'm just puzzled here, if you know the answer, it would be pretty simple to state it, not tell him to hunt it down in the operators manual.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say if you don't want to answer the questions don't post anything . It comes off as rude.

maxtor

I thank all of you for the very good information. As a new member to the 5ton club, I have a lot to learn, and at my age, not much time to learn it. When you are 70+ health issues flood in. In the last four days, I went to a funeral of a friend, my sister-in-law had a stroke and is in ICU, my cousin is doing cancer testing, took wife to the ER with medical problems, so that is why I have not been to active on this site lately. I hope 2014 is a better year for all of you and us.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thank all of you for the very good information. As a new member to the 5ton club, I have a lot to learn, and at my age, not much time to learn it. When you are 70+ health issues flood in. In the last four days, I went to a funeral of a friend, my sister-in-law had a stroke and is in ICU, my cousin is doing cancer testing, took wife to the ER with medical problems, so that is why I have not been to active on this site lately. I hope 2014 is a better year for all of you and us.
Sounds like you need a little therapy/down time. Go sit in your truck and start it up. Works just like those massage chairs at the airport. Hang in there brother.
JC

datadawg

Sending positive vibes cross country to you and your family. Best wishes and hang in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks