• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denver (Commerce City) Memorial Day Parade 5/26/08

70deuce

Monday May 26th at 1000 AM the Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado will be participating in the annual Commerce City Memorial Day parade. Anyone in the area should come out and see us. We stage at 0830 at the Commerce City Walmart. This year could be one of the largest turnouts of our vehicles. We could have 30 vehicles this year. We have taken the first prize trophy the last couple of years. Supposed to be about 70 and sunny.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'ts so heartening to see parades etc in honor of those who have fallen.
We are trying to muster some interest in our area but so far..... we are the only game in town.
We keep up the fire for those who did.

70deuce

papabear, never stop feeling like that and I doubt you ever will. Its really nice to hear how you feel. I think most Americans feel this way. For Steelsoldiers across the country, the invites to our events here in ther Denver are for you all. If you have to be away from home for reason and are in the area, look us up. You are all welcome to ride with us. website is http://www.mvcconline.org/. Also for everyone, check out this website. This guy has made some vintage WWII looking posters of current fallen heroes. He has done a phenominal job with these. www.freedomsonme.com I read about him in the Navy Times.

m376x6

Phil, is this parade for Club members only or can anyone with a military vehicle join in the parade as part your group?

Regards,
Bryan

m376x6

Re: RE: Denver (Commerce City) Memorial Day Parade 5/26/08

steelandcanvas said:
Phil, I don't know if you noticed this or not, but I placed the Parade on the "Upcoming Events Calender", also the Cripple Creek Parade in August.
John I PM'd you back.

Regards,
Bryan

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
RE: Re: RE: Denver (Commerce City) Memorial Day Parade 5/26/

Bryan , come up and join the club its very well worth it , and bring the M37 up! it will be nice to see it again

m376x6

I'm certainly going to try. I'm right in the middle of my four day rotation at work. 6:00 PM until 6:00 AM in the morning. I'm off of my rotation Monday morning. I thought I'd try to get some clean up on the M37 6X6 tomorrow and replace the broken tail lights on the trailer. I bought another little bomber commute car for $225 and I backed the trailer a little too far into the flat spot the other day. Does anyone know if Craig Wandrey will be there? I thought I'd give him a shout and see if he wanted to ride shotgun. No promises, but I'll sure try to make it, if only with one eye open. Anyone know the closest cross streets to this Wal Mart or is there only one Wal Mart in Commerce City?

Regards,
Bryan

steelandcanvas

70deuce said:
John, no I didn't. I'll be sure to check that next time. Are you coming up for the parade??

Phil
That certainly doesn't mean you shouldn't post it in the Forum, I was just doing a FYI, you know, the new GUY trying to do something right. :D

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Bryan ,
Phil Movish or pres. wanted me to give you this info and a warm welcome to come out and drive with us.

"jay: I just saw Brian's email on Steel Soldiers. Please email him for me re the location of the Walmart ) I forgot my SS password). The Walmart is at 5990 Dahlia St. THat is at the intersection of 59th and Colorado. The walmart is on the Right side when you come up Colorado Blvd.

...Phil "

m376x6

Thanks Guys, I'm working on her right now to clean her up a bit. Last seasons hunting marathon across three states took a bit of a toll on her. She should be presentable by morning.

Regards,
Bryan

Just mapped it, I was just right by there the other day shipping out tires to California. I buy steel from a K and K not far from there.

Bryan

m376x6

My Apologies

I got off of work Sunday morning and made my Bride breakfast and started work on the M37 6X6. By the time I was finished and had her chained down on the trailer it was just after 4:00 PM. Time enough to shower and head back to work. I was hoping it would be a quiet evening at work. But we ended up with only one electrician, a new fellow, and we were short on mechanics so as I'm the only Tech covering the plant I had to help the electrician plus my own work. It turned out to be a busy night. I thought I could just tough it out not having had any sleep for over 40 hours but I just couldn't do it. It isn't easy getting old. I apologize folks, I reallly wanted to be there and enjoy your fellowship and have a presentable rig for such a special occassion. Thank you all very much for your nice invitations.

With Regrets,
Bryan

Attachments

steelandcanvas

RE: My Apologies

Bryan, Sorry to have missed you, would like to have seen your 37 up close. Don't know about that gettin' old part (I'll be 53 in June) but I'll sympathsize with you anyway. :wink: Maybe next time?

70deuce

You would have added very cool vehicle to the units in the parade. Wish we all could have seen it today. There will be more stuff to bring it to. Sorry you couldn't make it. There will be pictures on here soon.

Phil

70deuce

You would have added very cool vehicle to the units in the parade. Wish we all could have seen it today. There will be more stuff to bring it to. Sorry you couldn't make it. There will be pictures on here soon.

Phil

Crash_AF

I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone who participated in the parade... My family and I had a really good time and hope to get together with you guys again soon. The 816 made the 160 mile round trip with only a few minor issues... the speedometer adapter separated itself from the transfer case on the trip up and the alternator belt failed 5 miles from home on the trip home.

I didn't hear what the final tally on vehicles was, but there was a BMW motorcycle with sidecar, two WWII Jeeps, a M151A2, a M37, a M725 Ambulance, nine (at least) M35s, a 818, a 813, my 816 and a 1009 (in that order).

Later,
Joe