• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert Cammo

Rich Johnson

I found this searching the forums. This is the scheme I was looking for, though it looks liek a slightly different pattern than I remember but its the right colors.

I cannot find the manual that has the full scheme in it, ie top and front views.
All of them that I find have the 3 color 383 scheme.
Can anybody help me out here?

Attachments

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For 3 color desert just change colors of the 3 color nato pattern
The above is MERDC pattern, which all views have been posted here somewhere.
Maybe not in desert colors, but the pattern is the same

Rich Johnson

I played around with the 3 color making it desert cammo with what I thought were the right colors. Was the 3 color scheme ever accually used with desert colors? It looks kinda of ugly.

What particular manual was that MERDC scheme in, I cant find it.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use TB 43-0147 for the colors used for MERDC. My truck is grey desert scheme, S, FD,EY and B.

Rich Johnson

I was wondering, with the MERDC desert, is each color supposed to be oulined in a thin black line, or do the colors fade into each other like in 3 color nato?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No black outlines
I don't know the origin of the 1st two pics, they appear to have gotten carried away with the black.

3rd pic are my trucks with the std MERDC pattern
change the green to tan

Most of what I've seen for desert camo on the old 1 1/4 tons is all tan

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was wondering, with the MERDC desert, is each color supposed to be oulined in a thin black line, or do the colors fade into each other like in 3 color nato?
No thin black lines, just faded into each color. Black was just used for the little squiggly things like the picture above on the left, and bumper #s

Elwenil

The manual on the site is too old for M880s. I think it's dated 1975 or so. There is one with M880s in it I think. I'd swear I've seen it. I wonder if there was another revision done before the switch to 3 color NATO?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The manual on the site is too old for M880s. I think it's dated 1975 or so. There is one with M880s in it I think. I'd swear I've seen it. I wonder if there was another revision done before the switch to 3 color NATO?
I've seen the one you are talking about, it had the complete schemes for the M35 and M813 et al, along with M880 series.
I had a modeling book with some of those schemes in it in the 80's, but darned if I can find it now! It is probably one of the many books I have loaned out over the years and never seen again...:cry:

Cheers

ps. I just noticed that WillWagner had already posted the TB# when I posted it.. Doh!