• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Design Change between 1952 and 1953?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be glad when we can say " look in DDoyle's deuce book" . I want the first copy!
I like looking at a book better than the internet. I've tried the online manuals but it's easier just to flip the page in a book than to wade through it online. I've tried getting all the M35a2 manuals but there's a bunch of them and some of them aren't cheap. I'm slowly buying them when they become avalible online and elsewhere when the price is right.

When it comes down to it I'd say 99% of everything discussed in the deuce forum can be found in a manual somewhere but what fun would that be if we all just sit on the couch and read manuals. I don't know alot but I'm learning and enjoy it when I can help someone out.

sermis

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Design Change between 1952 and 1953?

acetomatoco said:
Attempting to educate folks to use their own resources instead of expecting those who learned stuff in the school of hard knocks to stand on their heads and puke this knowledge out for nada is not my idea of helping. Here's an example... Which one of these potential posters would you help?

1. " tell me how to bleed my brakes"

2. "I have tried to bleed the brakes on my non-modified M35A2C by the procedures listed in the manuals and made all the adjustments listed, flushed and cleaned the system, and refilled with DOT 5, and still from time to time my pedal goes to the floor. Could someone please give me some next steps to try."quote]

cranetruck said:
even when I know the subject is in the TM, finding it can be a real problem and all TMs don't have the same coverage as stated above...... sharing info is what this site is all about.
ACE
Why not try to help both out. I would think that both posters are having problem or they would not have posted up. Maybe one did not phrase their question in the way you want but they needed help. Maybe one is new to the site and has not had much experience with their truck as you have had. I thought that the idea of the site is to exchange information, ideas, thoughts, etc. If they continue to post the same question over then maybe “read the TM” would apply.
“puke this knowledge out for nada is not my idea of helping” Maybe you need to start your own pay site and charge for your information. FYI, read your TM, might not make you very much money.

Before I joined this site I was on a couple other post boards. I was told Steel Soldiers had a lot of good information but some of the people were A** HOLES and would slam you if you posted a dumb question or reposted a question. I joined and started learning as much about the deuce as I could. Learned some about my M725 and other vehicles. My first impression of the site was what I had been told and dropped for several months and lurked in the shadows for a while. I came to realize that there were a few jerks but most everyone else were good to talk to and you could learn a lot from them.
I was at a local military show and talked to some MVPA members. They did not have many positive things to say about the site. I think a lot had to do with the modified vehicles, but some had to do with attitudes.
I personally like the site and surf around several times a day if I have time.
Why can’t we help each other with the knowledge we have and be nice to each other. There are some things that I know and other things I don’t know, and some things I am not sure of.
Do you remember in school when they said the only dumb question was the one that was not asked? Do you remember the kid that asked the question? To him he wanted an answer, to others it was dumb and they made fun of him. He quit asking questions.

sermis

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Design Change between 1952 and 1

" look in DDoyle's deuce book" I got the catalog of US Ililtary Vehicles for my son for Christmas. AWSOM book and I could not get him to put it down to go eat.

chevycrew

I am also guilty of saying, do a search, or go look in the tm's...

It was how my first questions were responded to when i started out here.

But when I respond with a look here or there I also provide a link, allowing them access to the info, and not hours of aimless searching.

badgmc56

I have been following this post for days now and thought it would end after a few opinions but obviously it must be a sore spot. First I must say I love this site and I feel all of the people on it are great.If some one asks a question that you feel is repetitive or not relevant, just don't answer it. Some one else who thinks different will! On my very fist post, a member had some smart aleck remark. That kind of stuff doesn't even phase me. I'm not here to prove what I know or impress anyone. I have been a auto tech for over 30 years and am still learning.Anyone who thinks they know it all is only kidding themselves.Again, as someone said before the only dumb question is the one that is not asked. I hope everyone keeps posting for the guys like us who don't know everything. Sometimes even if you know the answer, it's nice to get a second opinion. That's called helping each other!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks