• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detailed pictures m35a2c air tank

mbsieg

Searched a pile, looking for Detailed pictures m35a2c air tank location and mounting. making a modded truck original again. Thanks for the help Mike

SMOKEWAGON66

Is it the same as a regular M35 or variant thereof? If its the same then they should be mounted side by side in between the frame rails just behind the cab...If they are the same, I can try to get some pictures tomorrow. My truck was a M109a3.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M35A2C ('87 w/ dual system) but it is parked at my brothers waiting for his work schedule to ease up so he can help me drop in a new T-case.

Here is the only picture I have on file of the air tanks. I can get you more, but it may be a month or so if you can wait. Those cables for the air release valves come out at the spare tire holder and as you see it is between the frames. That is a drive shaft in the foreground. Hope this works for you.

Attachments

Last edited:

mbsieg

Thanks pics from a little more distance would help looks like I am going to need the bracket as mine is cut I think. Thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can always look at the parts manuals for a detailed look at all the pieces required. This applies to all of the truck.

When ever I am working on a problem and don't know the part name or how it should be put together, I pull up the parts manual, search for the catagory the part may ne in and then look for the picture.

99% of the time I can find the item and all the related parts.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep I did that and it is a exploded pic and could not wrap my head around correct location!! Or correct mounting!!

That can be an issue. The diagrams do require some mental imagery. I am good at visualizing items. I forget that some people are not.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Also keep in mind there are (at least) 2 different bracket setups-one with an upper and lower bracket and one with upper brackets and small u-bolts retaining the tanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks