• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detroit Locker chipped tooth on splined coupler. Still good to buy?

Superthermal

Looking to purchase a used Detroit 5Ton locker out of a 900 series for my M813. The locker has a single half broken tooth. Still good to buy? I dont see any other damage to the adjacent teeth. From the exploded view it appears the collar shares the load with all the teeth simotaniously and one missing tooth may not be that big of a deal. From the last pic below either the machineing was poor or the tooth was improperly machined. or is this gear actually broken and pressed outward?
1664497225975.png1664497263041.png1664497287388.png1664497451716.png

Welder1

Looking to purchase a used Detroit 5Ton locker out of a 900 series for my M813. The locker has a single half broken tooth. Still good to buy? I dont see any other damage to the adjacent teeth. From the exploded view it appears the collar shares the load with all the teeth simotaniously and one missing tooth may not be that big of a deal. From the last pic below either the machineing was poor or the tooth was improperly machined. or is this gear actually broken and pressed outward?
View attachment 880725View attachment 880726View attachment 880727View attachment 880728
I would pass on that. Its too much work to install for marginal parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks