• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detroit Starter Woes

Scuffy

Hi guys! I've looked high and low and have not been able to find a clockwise rotation, 12V 30MT starter for my Detroit Diesel 3-53. I know they exist. At this point in time not many engines utilize them. Does anyone know where I might be able to get ahold of a used one at a decent price? This is going into a budget build and spending $400-$500 dollars on a new or reman'ed one is just not in my range. I'd go to a yard and pull it myself if I knew of one nearby.

And on that note- I have the functioning 24V 30MT that came with the engine, it's up for grabs. **** if someone needs it and wants to trade for a 12V I'm game for that too!!! lol

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
get a marine( as in boat) starter, if the boat had twin motors, one turned clockwise the other was set up fo counter clockwise, I had a detroit motors motor manual (more like a 3-4"book) that covered all the detroits including marine twins from small 2 cylinders to 12 cylinders, plus twin block units. being Im a good guy, I loned it out to a friend (ex), last time I ever saw it, was told "I loned it, ill get it back" RIGHT

rnd-motorsports

:ditto::ditto: find a rebuilder to change the starter you have call a few to see if they will. a shop that has been in buisness for awhile will have no problem. Or like stated find a marine starter like stated.