• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce - 1, Honda Passport - 0

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
While I am all for getting the truck repaired properly going to the extreme my hurt the hobby as a whole.

The recent fire of Big Case's truck and this incident might cause all insurace companies to re-evaluate the rates many of us get from our insurers.

These companies do communicate with each other on issues that cost them money.

I have full coverage for my deuce for just over 100 bucks a year.....if they thought it would cost 5K to repair or replace it they may jack up the price.

Just my opinion for what it is worth.

stumps

Many of us with historic policies, have a fairly low defined upper limit as to what the policy will pay to repair our trucks. Our insurance companies won't be afraid to total a car/truck if its repair costs exceed that limit.

The HMV wasn't an active participant in the wreck. It wasn't even parked on the street. I don't think that any outrageous behavior on the victim's part in trying to gain restitution is going to threaten the victim's insurance.

-Chuck

NRG

Dont go through your insurance. Don't make a claim or even call your insurance. Only deal directly with his insurance company. Don't give your insurance policy number to that guy or his insurance company. I do this every time there is an accident and I am not at fault. It keeps your insurance out of the middle and then your insurance doesn't chalk a line up for you on the board even though it wasn't your fault.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would take it to one of the places that specializes in repair of MVs if possible. It might cost an arm and leg but that's HIS and his Insurance companies problem! If not there then a place that specializes in repairing large trucks. I'm sure they know how to fix it right and they have the equipment handle large heavy trucks. But get at least three estimates. Or better yet get more than three and then you can send in the three highest ones. :twisted: Maybe they'll just pay you in cash and let you fix it.:razz: Don't forget to include the price of a new CARC paint job, that'll bring up the price!
Most likely USAA will send a large vehicle estimator (i.e. commercial). He will write an estimate to repair and paint the fender and replace any "non-repairable" items like lenses etc. He will then tell you if you don't like his estimate you can always go through "your" ins company and they can subrogate USAA. He'll probably laugh if you tell him you have to replace the tires in pairs or he'll say your tire only had 50% tread (or whatever amount is left) and then only pay you for 50% of the single tire value. The idea that they "have to repair" your vehicle is an old wive's tale. They'll pay you for what they think the value of the damage is and then you're going to have to fight them to prove them wrong. They don't have to "make it right" they only have to pay you for what they can find some local shop say they'll repair it for.

Last edited:

rideni

USAA payed what I thought the damage was worth in an accident I was in a few years ago. They tried to eff with me and I took them to the cleaners

ida34

Most likely USAA will send a large vehicle estimator (i.e. commercial). He will write an estimate to repair and paint the fender and replace any "non-repairable" items like lenses etc. He will then tell you if you don't like his estimate you can always go through "your" ins company and they can subrogate USAA. He'll probably laugh if you tell him you have to replace the tires in pairs or he'll say your tire only had 50% tread (or whatever amount is left) and then only pay you for 50% of the single tire value. The idea that they "have to repair" your vehicle is an old wive's tale. They'll pay you for what they think the value of the damage is and then you're going to have to fight them to prove them wrong. They don't have to "make it right" they only have to pay you for what they can find some local shop say they'll repair it for.
This is too true. I had a guy run a red light and T-bone me in my Explorer. I had just replaced both front wheel bearing hub assemblies. The adjuster told me he would have to prorate my bearing if it needed to be replaced. I told him the bearing is not a normal wearing item. He argued with me and asked if I expected the company to replace a used part with a new part? I told him I absolutely expected them to replace the used part with a new part. I told him every piece on the truck was used and if I followed his logic then the whole truck should be pro rated. The bearing did not need to be replaced but the shop did have to fight with them to get an adjustment as the initial estimate was completely wrong. Even now they check a database and try to get junkyard used stuff to replace the broken stuff on your vehicle. I have a shop I take all my stuff to because they will fight with the insurance company until they give up the money to fix it right. They even prorated my tire. I had to pay out of pocket for a 30% worn tire. The thing only had 5000 miles on a 40,000 mile tire. It had an unrepairable cut in the side well.

67X

i'd leave the damage. Just repaint it..Then if anyone asks about it you can say "oh that as a Honda Passport" Kinda like battle scars for your truck.

79driver

Sorry to hear about the duece getting hit. I bet it got the guys attention when he came to that sudden stop. Looking at the damage i really dont think there is a whole lot. As for the people that are saying the whole truck needs repainted, new tires, whole new fender, ect. im gonna call B.S. There is a difference and getting the truck fixed right and screwing the insurance co. so everyones rates go up. That fender could be fixed by any decent body shop. (probably could be done yourself if you wanted). Light wires arent that big a deal. I would inspect/have inspected the tire and wheel, but i really dont think there is gonna be any damage. I estimate a few hundred dollars at most, but to everyone who says all new paint job, ect, it aint gonna happen

airmech3839

I have read before where axles have shifted after impact to a front wheel! Make sure it didnt cause side movement of the axle!! SECO here in Augusta overhauls deuces and has new and used parts.... they mainly do overseas orders but I am sure they will quote you a price of a complete go through of front end and paint!

SECO (southeastern equipment company)
1-800-733-7326
ask for Byron

tell him Tracy sent you!!

LanceRobson

My deuces are with JC Taylor also. $78 a year. I have $6K in comprehensive so they know they are on the hook for that much and it establishes an insured value.

The only recent claim in our family was from a guy who backed into Nancy's Lesabre at a rtaurant. Before I got the 20 minutes to home his insurance company (Traveler's) call and wanted to know if an adjuster could stop by in an hour. We had the check two days later and they paid top dollar for the work, parts and paint. They even paid for the whole side of the car, the bumper cover and the hood to be buffed out and clear coated so the paint would match. If I ever get tired of State Farm, guess who I'll be calling.

Lance

roscoe

Don't be afraid of the insurance company. Have the truck professionally checked out and fix what got damaged. Insurance people aren't always knowledgable and typically will try to do as little as possible - in my experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks