• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce #2 Recovery

tiger422

The adventure started at 3:45am in lakeland FL in a loaded down yukon spare parts, battries, tools and 20gal. of used hydraulic oil.
The trip up was full of wondering what condition the truck was in and if we would be able to drive it back. We arrived at Warner Robbins 10am found DRMO and the truck, it was blocked in by 6 trucks that had to be jump off tires filled with air to get our truck out. The truck looked good checked all fluids all good, jumped off no problem. No brakes master cyl. full of fluid pumped up after a little while brakes worked fine. Drove it off base noticed would not shift into 4th gear without grinding I had to double clutch to keep it from grinding stoped and filled it up and jumped on I75 southbound. The truck ran well would pull hills in high gear 55mph no problem 10min. down the road my buddy pulled beside me and flaged me over. I pulled off the road and got out the rear brakes on driver side were smoking, not good losened bleeder and hit backing plate with hammer brake let go and down the road we went.
We made it home no more problems truck burned 50 gallons of fuel that would be about 8 to 9 mpg not to bad. Here are the pics.
d2.jpg

0716091541[1].jpg

DSCN0326.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0333.jpg

phil2968

Great meeting you today Jim. I have to say You have a great looking truck. I can't wait to get my here and take it down to the ranch for the weekend. We need to get mister hydraulic man joined up on this site.

tiger422

Great meeting you today Jim. I have to say You have a great looking truck. I can't wait to get my here and take it down to the ranch for the weekend. We need to get mister hydraulic man joined up on this site.
Thanks
I don't think he spends much time on computer at home.
I told him that there is alot of good people and info on this site.
See ya down at RR soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks