• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce a Casuality in Bangkok street fighting

DavidB

Reminds me of the monks in Vietnam,sad times. What oppression was the Deuce protesting in Thailand ? Wisconsin has the bad MV laws.
DavidB

Ronbo

headed back to Thai very soon. It should be a riot! I mean a blast ! I mean a good Time !! sshhhsss choosing the right words if tough at times..:)

papakb

Thursday morning I was on the train from Chachoengsao into Bangkok when I looked over and saw a military convoy headed into Bangkok. We were right outside Suvarnabhumi Airport when I saw them. It was the first time in 3 months of being there that I'd seen more than a randon vehicle here and there. The convoy had a 1026 HMMWV up front followed by 4 dueces, 2 Unimogs, and a couple of busses loaded with troops. I have to wonder if this is one of the dueces I saw that morning.

The previous Friday I'd gone into Pratunam and had seen the bamboo and tire roadblocks set up on the main drag thru town with people camped out everywhere. They have completely blocked the main roadways into the center of the tourist shopping areas in Pratunam and all of the big stores are closed. Luckily Pantip and MBK are just outside the area and were still open. What I saw was a lot of people just milling around enjoying the free food, water, and medical care brought in by the protesters and a lot of red shirts for sale but not many being worn around. This was all about 9 AM and things usually didn't heat up for the day until the afternoon.

After the general got shot I knew the situation would go downhill fast. What the protesters want is for the Parliment to resign because of corruption. I told one of the that they need to be careful what they wish for that they just might get it.

I got home safely yesterday but have another trip back scheduled for next month. We'll see.

Kurt Lesser

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks