• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Air Horn Resto.

Tlauden

Well since there isn't another category in the restore section I figured it may work here.

Found these up at Coleman's on a parts truck, cost $35 since I pulled it myself. They work and sound great!!!! I was very surprised to see that once the paint was stripped that the large chime is stainless steel. It's a shame the whole thing isn't stainless or else I wouldn't repaint it at all, the small chime and manifold seem like aluminum and the back caps are steel. I did do some reasearching here on SS about these and found that this company closed their doors awhile ago. I feel I must mention these are for my dodge ram :) Gotta LOVE that deuce horn sound!!!!!

P.s. Any idea on how to clean up the diaphragms? They look like a little corroded but it sounds fine. Think I should even mess with them since they sound good? I can't track down any part numbers for replacements.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371862858.685914.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371862872.983965.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371862884.969217.jpg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I had an old Grover I took apart and sanded off the corrosion put it back together it worked fine. The deuce horn looks the same as a 5 ton horn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks