• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce air ride rear stock suspension mod question

welldigger

You could buy a Hendrickson set up out of a junkyard and swap it in faster and easier than modifying the stock set up.

welldigger

The air ride walking beam is too new to end up in the junk yard. If it did it would either be gone in a heart beat or fetch a premium price.
True for the walking beam. Though after building a truck with air ride from a freightliner I wouldn't hesitate to use that again. Had less than $500 in the entire tandem assembly. It worked amazing too.

quickfarms

True for the walking beam. Though after building a truck with air ride from a freightliner I wouldn't hesitate to use that again. Had less than $500 in the entire tandem assembly. It worked amazing too.
Which freight liner air ride did you use?

How did it work off road?

Most tandem air rides and spring suspensions do not have the articulation that the walking beam suspension does.

rustystud

Kenworths have been using Air-Ride suspensions for decades. You could easily get one of them and modify to your needs. In fact almost all the manufactures of medium to heavy trucks have used a "air bag" rear suspension of one type or another. Personally I prefer a good set of springs, especially if it is used off road. Loosing an air bag can be a real pain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks