• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce airpack/master cylinder rebuild

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I state that if you want the brakes to last, all parts of them, then they must be exercised.
That is easy to do by supplying air backwards thru a glad hand and operate the brakes repeatedly for a couple of whiles once in a while. Can't hurt. The fluid sits in the bottom of the wheel cylinders, WC up moisture to the fail point. Use or loose.
cylinder 4.jpgcylinder 2.jpgcylinder 5.jpgcylinder 6.jpgcylinder 7.jpgcylinder 9.jpgcylinder 10.jpgcylinder new 11.jpg

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 487088View attachment 487089

There are two types I use. One is the recommended grease of "Bendix". It is made by "Dow Corning" and called 'MolyKote 111' . The second one, and the one I prefer is "Super Lube Synthetic Grease". I apply a thin layer to ALL exposed metal surfaces.
Rusty, have you ever heard of or used Molykote G? A friend of mine introduced me to it decades ago, and it works great. They advertised Molykote G as having microscopic ball bearings.

rustystud

Rusty, have you ever heard of or used Molykote G? A friend of mine introduced me to it decades ago, and it works great. They advertised Molykote G as having microscopic ball bearings.
Yes. I've used it for years. Great stuff! In fact I believe I mentioned using it on the "air" side of my air-pack rebuild. (At least I think I remember the new number was "111" . They stopped using the number "G" I believe) . It's one of only a few greases that will hold up and not cause any damage in a air system. Manufactures like "Bendix" uses it in their air system components.

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. I've used it for years. Great stuff! In fact I believe I mentioned using it on the "air" side of my air-pack rebuild. (At least I think I remember the new number was "111" . They stopped using the number "G" I believe) . It's one of only a few greases that will hold up and not cause any damage in a air system. Manufactures like "Bendix" uses it in their air system components.
Thanks Rusty. I didn't know they had changed from "G" to "111". That's why I haven't been able to find it I thought it was out of production. I'll have our local NAPA store order some.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks