• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Airpack Question

marbaja252

While changing trans fluid on my M35a3 the rear hole for the what I call the skid plate for the air pack on passenger side is stripped out crap. After looking at things does any one see a problem with drilling all the way through it to put 1 size smaller bolt & lock washer all the way through it to hold tight. If not looks like air pack will be loose at the rear could cause a problem down the road. I will try and get a pic but getting dark now.

sandcobra164

Your A3 should have short air packs on it. The first 1 1/2 inches from the back are sealed and you should have no problem drilling and tapping that. I wouldn't leave it unsecured as it might agitate the brake or air lines going to it. I don't have an A3 and have limited experience with them. Your Mileage May Vary.

marbaja252

I think it could be ok, when I took the bolts out it had a lot of thread material on it, not good. I will try that I think to rethread or drill out. I don't need things loose under there especially when we are talking brakes. Heading to my 1st rally in 3 weeks got to make it safe.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Are you talking about the rear mount? If you drill through it, you will put a hole in the air can and waste the airpack. Put some jb weld in there, then drill and tap it.