• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce alternator

beaubeau

You can also check around for someone to Rebuild yours. They are no different than a 12 volt. If U can find an inexpensive one used, like Wreckerman, go for it! Good luck, Phil

cbvet

They ARE different than a 12 volt, in that parts can be hard to find, & expensive. Not all rebuilders will work on them.
A big shop in South Bend said "$150 or so, IF I can get the parts".
Eric
CBVET

jwaller

parts are avail for rebuild but you will send about double what you can find a good used one for. Check with paramore in FL. I got one from them about a month ago for $100 shipped.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have/get a "new to you" one, I'd get it rebuilt for a few $$$ and it will last a long time... Much easier to throw new bearings/brushes in it than try to find a regulator when it's toast.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, dont forget that the 60 amp generator is the same in a M35A2, M800 series and M998.. There are a few different styles of 60 amp gennys, but they all work, function and fit the same...

Bigmillman

AAAA Fewwey! I rebuilt mine with Noooo problems getting parts. The voltage regulator is made for Prestoloite here in Pontiac Michigan and is the biggest issue that these have. IE the number one part that goes fubar. I am at work so I don't have the company info on hand, Jerk my chain to remind me and I will post the info. I paid $50 bucks for mine. They are the same as what is used on hummvee's. It took me a few minutes crossing number's on Leese-neville/Prestolites web based manuals/parts books to find the info.
I must appologize, I might tick a few people off with my statement about it being a breeze.(It took me two hours to figure out who maid/makes these things for Prestolite.) ( I have been a master heavy equip mechanic for 20 years working on everything from 1918 forklifts to stuff right off the assembly line. Most things I touch has been some form of bastardization of mechanical mahiem that has been out of date for 40+ years or has been jerked over 54 times by want-to-be or think-they-are mechanics.) I guess that I may seem to be a wackjob or something, but I do have a knack for finding parts for the things most people can't find anymore and having my fingers in industrial automation gets me into the odd nitches most don't get access too. :D

JohnnyColeman

How much would you charge to rebuild my 60 amp alternator?

Johnny

Bigmillman said:
AAAA Fewwey! I rebuilt mine with Noooo problems getting parts. The voltage regulator is made for Prestoloite here in Pontiac Michigan and is the biggest issue that

these have. IE the number one part that goes fubar. I am at work so I don't have the company info on hand, Jerk my chain to remind me and I will post the info. I paid $50 bucks for mine. They are the same as what is used on hummvee's. It took me a few minutes crossing number's on Leese-neville/Prestolites web based manuals/parts books to find the info.
I must appologize, I might tick a few people off with my statement about it being a breeze.(It took me two hours to figure out who maid/makes these things for Prestolite.) ( I have been a master heavy equip mechanic for 20 years working on everything from 1918 forklifts to stuff right off the assembly line. Most things I touch has been some form of bastardization of mechanical mahiem that has been out of date for 40+ years or has been jerked over 54 times by want-to-be or think-they-are mechanics.) I guess that I may seem to be a wackjob or something, but I do have a knack for finding parts for the things most people can't find anymore and having my fingers in industrial automation gets me into the odd nitches most don't get access too. :D

55Cameo

I toasted my Alt. on my M35a2. Took it to the local AAMAC auto electric shop and they rebuilt it for $175 with a 1 year warr. Only took them 1 hour to do it.

bottleworks

NewMVGuy said:
On my prestolite, there seems to be an "open' in the rotor. I'm assuming i need a new rotor, Or armature for a better word!
That's too bad. It looks like rebuilding it is not an option for you. It's still a good idea to put new brushes in the replacement, (once you find a replacement), before installing.

I found a brush set + holder for mine on eBay for only a few $.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks