• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce and a half Fire Trucks 530B Pictures and Info Exchange

scootertrs

Well, MY Deuce and a Half 530B fire truck is just about to hit the streets with the fire fighting system being updated, lights being repaired and also "enhanced" and the sirens and interior all brought up to snuff. I just found a 3 piece 36 foot ladder that will complete the top of my truck and will be posting pics and videos soon. I have been helped by a couple of members throughout this process and I believe that if there was a thread that specialized on the particulars of the fire truck variants, it would be easier for fire truck owners and interested parties to quickly take a look-see in that thread for new postings. I admit, I have the deuce bug, and worse than that I have the deuce fire truck bug! I know that not that many were built and a lot less are still functional, but if you have one and are trying to keep it running, or you know where one is at, having a source for parts and information would be crucial. What do you guys think? I am truly grateful that this site exists, because thanks to it and some of its members, I have been able to go as far as I have getting my deuce together. Thanks.

scootertrs

Regarding your dogs... I have a friend that has a couple of dals... (beautiful dogs you got there BTW) and he tells his missus that they need to climb over my deuce... because it is in their blood??? whatever... it is cool with me, and next time he brings them by, I will take pics... they do look good on her... If she loves her dogs, then she, as an animal lover:wink: should support your acquisition of a deuce fire truck...

As far as more pics, here are some, but in a week or so, I will be posting the updated pics and videos with all of the necessary :p, mandatory (by law):razz:, safety enhancing:razz:, lights and sirens.... Wooooo Heeee!!!! ... Tell you guys what, there may be finer deuces out there, but I challenge anyone to OUTFUN a fire deuce. Gotta love a deuce!!!

Attachments

jollyroger

There is just something about a fire truck, and it's a deuce. How cool is that!!! My Grandad started the Parker Voulnteer Fire District along with some other farmers and ranchers in our area back in the 1950's. They started out with a bucket, a wet burlap bag and a shovel for their equipment. If they saw smoke on the horizon they would drop what they were doing and drive out to investigate. Along the way the district got more prople and better funded. Then they started to get more volunteers and then some military surplus equipment. One of the first trucks was "The Judge". It's a WWII ton and a half fire truck. The district still has it. I will look for pics. I also rember them getting a deuce tanker truck. I will look for pics of that also. Then more houses and fewer farms and the district went from volunteer to paid. Then my Grandad got too old to be treasurer and he retired in 1989 I think. Anyway now the PFPD merged with (took over) South Metro Fire and is the largest Fire district in the state. Crazy how things go...........
I have always enjoyed the fire equipment and I have to say you have a beautiful truck.

scootertrs

Thanks for the compliments... I would really like to see the pics... I always thought volunteer fire depts did something special

thanks again

There is just something about a fire truck, and it's a deuce. How cool is that!!! My Grandad started the Parker Voulnteer Fire District along with some other farmers and ranchers in our area back in the 1950's. They started out with a bucket, a wet burlap bag and a shovel for their equipment. If they saw smoke on the horizon they would drop what they were doing and drive out to investigate. Along the way the district got more prople and better funded. Then they started to get more volunteers and then some military surplus equipment. One of the first trucks was "The Judge". It's a WWII ton and a half fire truck. The district still has it. I will look for pics. I also rember them getting a deuce tanker truck. I will look for pics of that also. Then more houses and fewer farms and the district went from volunteer to paid. Then my Grandad got too old to be treasurer and he retired in 1989 I think. Anyway now the PFPD merged with (took over) South Metro Fire and is the largest Fire district in the state. Crazy how things go...........
I have always enjoyed the fire equipment and I have to say you have a beautiful truck.

Stan Leschert

I love your truck. Great job. I just talked to my wife, and if the Lotto comes in, and as long as I don't try to trade in her dog.... well some year I can buy a bigger parking spot...shop...Shiny Red Deuce whith the really cool squirt gun...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good.

My Dad was a volunteer fire fighter for 13 years. I would run down to the firehouse on most day runs and pull the doors closed after the trucks pulled out. Ah memories.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks