• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce and ccuv?

Westech

CPL
well look at my avatar and you can see a Honda 4 door in the back of my 5 ton. You cant close the tail gate. The blazer rear axle would be on the tail gate for sure! and that is not safe at all. Its not going to fit.

Attachments

joeypushjr1

just mesure the bed and tire to tire on blazer should be about the same lenght as that honda. if not a touch smaller . wheel base that is . i was going to try it myself but havent yet. the honda has what looks like at least a foot left on there my 2cents

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your back tires are going to end up mostly on the tailgate. Deuce tailgates are weak. I'd try to avoid it if you can, if not you will need some extra support, maybe some 1" plywood. The deuce bed offers very little for secure tie down of vehicles too, something to consider.

jimm1009

M1009 in M35

I have both and I will measure and post the information in about 1 hour.
Jim

Update: The M35A2C bed is 12' 2 1/2 " long x 7' 11 1/2 inches wide.

My M1009 is on 33/12:50 x 15 tires with OEM wheels and is 13' long from the front bumper to the
back of the rear wheel and 16' 4 " overall with OEM pintle hook installed.

The back tires would indeed be on the tailgate and that's not good.
If one driver recovery is the issue, the M1009 will tow very well at speeds up to 70 MPH which will not be a problem
behind a M35 series truck and you can hop in it and drive away if the M35 breaks down and you have to leave it.

Jim again

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's gotta be too wide (the CUCV).

Just get a medium towbar. :D

joeypushjr1

ok the 1009 .....shackle to shackle 186" and 80" wide......the deuce bed inside diameter....87.5" wide .....147" long....theres more than enough room so now we know and know i know so i can haul mine around....joe:grd: :-D

oh but the only thing is the tail gate would have to be down.. but tires will fit inside.. i believe..

Last edited:

joeypushjr1

ok maybe im retarded i did somethign wrong with my adding .. or something or i just forgot about the front bumer distance pat the front wheel. so yeah maybe the rear tire will hang alittle over the tail gate. .... :oops: but i had to i guess some planks under neth would help suport it .. . cause i dont own a tow bar .... plus the whole taking the drive shaft out and back in would annoy me ...