• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce and M105A2 recovery (San Antonio Tx)

AGGIEMARITIME

1982 M35A2 - towing 1987 M35A2 towing a 1986 M105A2 trailer

Thursday 1400 HRS - Left College Station, Tx enroute to San Marcos for the night.

Friday 1300 HRS - Late start which can be attributed to alittle too much fun in San Marcos the night before, arrived at pickup location near lackland AFB around 1500 HRS, hooked up M105A2 trailer to towed deuce, then fiddled with the medium tow bar hookup and safety chain for another 20 minutes and got everything hooked up. Tied off steering wheel, set hazard lights and headed out.

1600 HRS - light drizzle and traffic are getting me nervous but i decide to head straight out on I-10 east and manage to not hit any serious traffic problems.

1730 HRS - light drizzle turns to showers. I pull it over for about two hour or so, rain stops and highway starts to dry up. Contemplate staying the night to head out at first light but reassess the situation and press on.

1930 HRS - back on the road, traffic has died down and making all of about 45mph down the road. I could have gotton up to 50 but i really wasnt comfortable at those speeds.

-- Head up 304 to Rosanky TX, top off the tanks , head through Bastrop then Caldwell ...

2330 HRS - make it safe to College Station, let the 82 cool down, while i crack open a celebratory tecate:beer: , shut her down, then i hit the hay.

350 miles roundtrip in two days
not one problem

Attachments

wsucougarx

Wow, that looks like one heck of a recovery. LOL, to think I'm nervous to pull a 105 behind my deuce....you did them both:driver:. Thanks for the story!

AGGIEMARITIME

Glad it worked out.

How do you like the ride?
Yes, it was one heck of a drive / experience. The 87 looks / sounds great. Have it at the shop now getting it looked over. Thanks again for the tow bar, definitely couldnt have done it without it. Ill be sure to get it back to you some time this week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks