• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce at airport parking

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Daily driver in the shop, wife away with her SUV - leaves my Deuce to drive an hour to the airport for a business trip!

The airport parking attendants were, ahem, surprised. No problem though - their lot has a gravel area in the back and I had ample room to park. I had called ahead to ensure they even would let a truck onto their lot. When I came back, the shuttle driver did not need me to tell him any row numbers to drop me off at my ride. "Big green army truck" - and he knew what I was talking about!

So, nothing but plus-sides to taking your Deuce to the airport!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yikes, not all airports are so accomodating. Back in 2003 I drove my M275A2 to OH with an M35A2 piggybacked on the rear. I flew my son up to the event and had to drop him off at the Airport on the way back to FL. Needless to say, it took me an hours to finally get someone to provide a spot to park it so that I could drop him off. He was 11 at the time to curbside wasn't an option.

barefootin

Awesome... I fly almost weekly and have thought of doing this just for fun.... I'm sure at some point it may happen out of necessity...... What would even be more fun would be to drop the top/windshield and top the exhaust so it would fit in the first level of the parking garage. :D

Rubenk

My step-brother flew into the local airport shortly after I bought my deuce so I drove it out to pick him up. Only issue was a few cop cars give it the "eye" as they drove by but otherwise no issues! It was a small local airport though. He said the deuce was easy to spot from the air!!

scopionf89

I have not taken my duece to the air port but I have taken it threw a Mcdonalds drive threw at a truck stop. I had the cover on over my truck bed and it fit just barly under their minum vehical hight sine. I had to step down frome the cab to get my food I asked if this was the bigest truck that had ever gon threw the drive threw the waiter said that it was defently the bigest truck ever threw the drive threw.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that's great. Don't think i'd try that at JFK here in NY, you would make the evening news, hopefully unventilated.
It's one of the reasons I did not put the toop seats, bows and cover back on. The Deuce looks a lot more menacing and substantial with the high sides and the cover. With the low sides and open it is as low-key as you can get with a tandem axle truck.