• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce at Car Show

chvss65

I went to J C Whitney car show at LaSalle, Il on Sunday May 3
entered the Deuce in 4x4 Modified, 497 vehicle in show with about 15 real nice custom trucks in my class. I parked next to a full blown 20-25 K value Jeep Wrangler and a 50-60 K GMC 4 door full bed lifted Pickup
I got a lot of good questions from public and veterans, very good day.
Stayed till the end of show to visit with friends,

My truck won 1st place in my class, what a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chrome and polish classmates weren't too happy about the new competition, but I was polite and didn't start the deuce and blow fuel on them.
Was really surprised, to see the appreciation from the judges.
Iam an old gear head from the 60's, so I love the show cars and the effort that goes into them. It was satisfying day

Attachments

That's great, congrats.
On Saturday I took my Deuce to an American Legion fund raiser, burger/ brat fry, it was outside in a parking lot. Not one of those Old Farts could care less that it was there. I might as well have pulled up in a Yugo.

L1A1

chvss65
Congratulations! I'm glad you had a good time at the show, people responded to your "beast" in a positive way and you took home a trophy to boot!

A friend of mine used to do the local car shows near him (up in Jersey) with his '44 GPW. His jeep always drew a crowd even if it did get some strange looks from the judges. Towards the end of his time up there (retired to PA) he was taking home awards.

I've yet to do a show with any of my MVs maybe some day...:wink:.

Regards,
L1A1

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's great, congrats.
On Saturday I took my Deuce to an American Legion fund raiser, burger/ brat fry, it was outside in a parking lot. Not one of those Old Farts could care less that it was there. I might as well have pulled up in a Yugo.
Should have crushed a Yugo with it in the parking lot. :)

chvss65

I didn't bring a camera to the show, wish I would have now, so the other trucks would be in the view
just went to be with my buddy and for shucks and grins
pics of my truck are in my photo album
Thanks everybody for the positive comments :-D

hulk31st

congratulations!

the finish on the hood and fenders visible behind the trophy tell the story--your truck appears flawless! [thumbzup]

steelandcanvas

That's great, congrats.

Bummer Doc, Sorry to hear no interest in your Deuce.

Congrats Chvss65 on you Class win!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks