• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce at lumber co.

trowel

i can't remember if i posted this before or not, but i still see the mil-spec truck for sale in bill lashway's lot,
i know next to nothing about models of deuces but it is one with a 5th wheel, hard top with the military tread wheels,
if only i had mad money i would buy it, bob it, put on a dumper, and drive it,
it is on ST. RT. 9 Williamsburg, MA., owner is Bill Lashway of Lasway Lumber also in williamsburg,
mabey a local steel soldiers member has already inquired regarding the truck, if not, phone no. 413-268-7685
trowel

trowel

to be murdered

easy there buddy, no need to go deep like that on me, (loading the .44)
like i said, i don't know models and is not shure if it is a true deuce tractor or a convertion, i have yet to walk up to it,
why is it a sacrileges to bob a deuce tractor ?,
trowel

trowel

picture time

ok, i can and will, but the necessary info. is provided up above, i have no intentions of being the middleman so no thoughts of going thrue me,
this is only because im a collector myself,
this means contacting bill and explaining my intentions, then taking proper pic.s, im very busy right now,
what should i take pic. of on this deuce ?

Capt.Marion

Several exterior shots (front, rear, both sides), good clear pictures of the dataplates in the cab that have the S/N and model # etc (use the "Macro" function on your camera for better close-up pictures), a few pictures of the cab, and a good picture or two of the 5th wheel setup.

Just to clarify, I don't think people want you to be the middle-man, they just want to see what the truck looks like to see if it is really what they think it is. Also, some people just want to see more truck picture, like me!

trowel

very dope,
next time i drive by, i'll fire some proper pic.'s of it, thanks for the info. on were to look,
i have been in a few ''middleman'' positions before and forgot the vaseline for lube (motor oil smokes when hot) so i tread carefully and loaded.
if only i had mad money and time i would bob one,

KsM715

Sorry about that. I forgot the smiley :)-P)

If indeed it is a original deuce tractor it would be pretty easy to buy it and turn and sell or trade it off for a standard a2 if you just want something to bob.

trowel

i wish, im so deep into other things i can't throw around that kind of money (unless very cheap) before fall,
everytime i drive by it i think of steel soldiers and if anyones looking for one, don't get your hopes up, it may not be a true deuce tractor,
p.s. no harm done :p
trowel