• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce at the Prom

Billy Bobbed

My daughters car broke down so I went to help her.When I got there she had her new boyfriend and his friend.When I drove up there mouths wide open and drulling.They talked about my truck the hole time.So I got her car fixed and went home.When she got home she told me her new boyfiend said it would be cool for me to drive them to the prom in my deuce.She about died when he said that.I couldnt amagine pulling up to prom night with all the limos,and they get out of my truck.Here this 9ft truck towering over eveybodys vehicle.and loud whisling.I think they would remember that for ever.Id be proud to do it.Ill let you know if it happens.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure my daughter would kill me for such a stunt... The son probably will take it to prom.

waayfast

Danged if I can remember the site I stumbled across about a year ago but there is a company in England that will hire out FV432(or similar) personal carrier in a "Limo" capacity. Showed kids headed for a dance all decked out in formal wear.Cool idea for a company--I'll bet they do well with it.I would bet it would be totally impossible to do the same type business venture in this country due to insurance and other BS. Sad.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The intended Prom "MISSION" is nonconformity! Everyone wants the most beatiful gown, the best tuxedo, the georgeous hairstyle.... Why not the MOST MEMORABLE RIDE!!!

Best wishes to the young men and women - May their nnight be the absolutely most special night of their young lives.

:driver::driver::jumpin::driver::driver::jumpin::driver::driver:

BobM

The intended Prom "MISSION" is nonconformity! Everyone wants the most beatiful gown, the best tuxedo, the georgeous hairstyle.... Why not the MOST MEMORABLE RIDE!!!

Best wishes to the young men and women - May their nnight be the absolutely most special night of their young lives.

:driver::driver::jumpin::driver::driver::jumpin::driver::driver:

+1
My son took our 9C1 caprice (Read COP CAR) to his senior prom. Hedidn't have to worry about tickets anyway!:wink:

Josh

Danged if I can remember the site I stumbled across about a year ago but there is a company in England that will hire out FV432(or similar) personal carrier in a "Limo" capacity. Showed kids headed for a dance all decked out in formal wear.Cool idea for a company--I'll bet they do well with it.I would bet it would be totally impossible to do the same type business venture in this country due to insurance and other BS. Sad.
there is a picture of the APC turned into a limo

Attachments

ABN173

We joked about taking a privately owned Deuce to the unit ball, we were going to have a big ice chest "fully stocked" in the troop area. The only reason we did not execute was that I had just arrived at the unit and did not know the owner that well back then. That and our wives would have stung us up lol

Last edited:

monkeythumbs

I let a friend borrow my truck one weekend for a picnic with family at the park and he meet a girl who was in town visiting family . The girl was joining the army and was dressed in her digi's , boots and all, her mom and aunt talked her into posing with the truck in her prom dress and combat boots. When my buddues borrow my truck , they always come back with good stories.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks