• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce At Work Winching Trees This Weekend

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the Deuce out to do some work today. I had two oak trees that I needed to take down that were leaning over the house. I hooked up the winch and put tension on the trees in the direction I wanted to drop them. The winch worked like a champ. I put tension on the trees with the winch, cut them most of the way through, and then pulled them over with the winch. Amazing how many uses you can find to justify owning a Deuce. Even my wife has come around.

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed! i did the same exact thing with my deuce when a tree was leaning over my nieghbors garage. worked like a charm. then we cut up all the pieces and loaded it in the deuce.[thumbzup]

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice work Gary, I'm glad to see you are out and about after your incident upon returning home from the GA rally.

Akicita

Nice work !
I use a slightly different technique.
I wrap a chain around a tree I want to pull over and hook the winch cable to the chain.
I place that chain higher than you did in the picture. It takes just a little tug then to pull the tree over.
Obviously your method worked well for you.
Deuces are great !

pwrwagonfire

Its definitely always easier to have the tools to do the job your right! haha

Do this at work with our power wagons pretty regularly....winches are definitely handy to have around when your familiar with them!

Beautiful truck by the way