• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce back axles

barnetc1

Hey guys. Got a question. I thought the back axles on a deuce were both live and all wheels pulled????? Is this correct. Reason i asked is just got the deuce stuck on some ice in the front yard, and only the back passenger side tires were turning. Do i have a problem. If this is correct is there a way to make all back tires live.

dittle

The back axles on a deuce do not have lockers in them to make both sides active at the same time. Yours is working properly.

eldgenb

for the most part none of them come with lockers or any traction device, as far as something wrong I would say no, the easier way to tell is to jack up the rear axles and spin one side and see if the other one spins the opposite direction, if the other side does not spin then pull the axles and see if one is broken and just put back in. If that is not the case then it could be spider gears etc. I would start by spinning the tires.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know if anyone sells Lockers for the rear ends?
Is it a upgrade or a complete replacement?

rlwm211

In defense of the person who is posing the question, the Steel Soldiers site is huge and the search function can be intimidating especially if you do not know the proper terms to describe what it is you are asking, or looking for. If you do not know what to search for, it is pretty hard to use..PERIOD.

That being said, I offer a belated welcome to the site and I am glad you have begun your personal journey into what is the wonderful world of military vehicle ownership.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
Lao Tzu​

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Detroit lockers and Ouverson lockers are available as well. Much cheaper than the air lockers.

i guess its to much work but i think evrybody would love a search that delt with deuce questions specificaly .tires,axle ratio,winch, headlights,charging system ,shift pattern anything a total noob would need to know without looking through hundreds of posts.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

KsM715

Hey guys. Got a question. I thought the back axles on a deuce were both live and all wheels pulled????? Is this correct. Reason i asked is just got the deuce stuck on some ice in the front yard, and only the back passenger side tires were turning. Do i have a problem. If this is correct is there a way to make all back tires live.

You didnt quite answer FMJ's question specifically. Do BOTH rear axles spin at the same time? As in the forward rear axle and the rear rear axle?

DieselBob

You didnt quite answer FMJ's question specifically. Do BOTH rear axles spin at the same time? As in the forward rear axle and the rear rear axle?
With the standard deuce axles, yes, one wheel of the intermediate axle and one wheel of the rear axle would turn. There would need to be a interaxle differential to have just one wheel on one axle turn.